Spotify wrapped

Totally normal stuff. All of the top 5 are from the top artists.

2 Likes

No surprises here on the bands list, though Bad Religion came home with a wet sail as I went through their entire catalogue while I was reading a book about them.

The songs are the first 5 songs on my kids play list, so that gets a workout more so the the hundreds of tracks in mine.

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Surprised I had that much Weird Al on the list. Generally I have to be in a certain mood for that.

Not sure I ever thought I’d have David Crosby on my list. Or Thundercat. I guess modern takes on Yacht Rock are my thing these days.

F*anny was my new discovery this year. Four women who played some pretty balls out early 70s rock and did some terrific Cream and Beatles covers. They had a German TV performance that kept coming up in my YouTube feed.

All the Men at Work was me rediscovering the album cuts on Business as Usual which I haven’t heard since I was a little kid.

I’m sure anyone who knows me is thinking “Where’s the Rush?”. Honestly it’s just too sad to listen to them now. One day. Plus Spotify for me is about finding obscure things I don’t already know about.

2 Likes

I really need to get my kids a seperate account.

3 Likes

Or Wrapped just needs a toggle to exclude kids music

1 Like

Don’t have Spotify. Won’t ever use Spotify.
Don’t get me wrong. I love music and play selections in the office for 8 hours every day. A breakdown of that would be interesting to me.
However, Spotify’s business model is based on utterly screwing the artists. Orders of magnitude worse than any record label ever did (and they did plenty of screwing…) As long as that continues to be the case, I’ll have nothing to do with it.
I’ve got my records and CD’s, and yes even digital files. I have some means of discovering new music. These serve me just fine.
And if I miss out on something because I don’t have some fkg algorithm telling me what I might like, well I don’t think my world will spin off its axis…

2 Likes

Agree with you. It’s definitely a ‘dirty’ way to consume music.

My buddy has told me of another platform that he uses, and it had a much nicer interface, and Artist info. But I don’t know what it was called.

Been binging on mid-period Beatles, so no surprise there.
Very surprised Fleet Foxes figured so prominently.

7 Likes

Yep… and yell I fkn will.
Spotify CEO trying to buy FA teams while he pays 0.0003 cents per play. Fk him and the horse he rode in on…

1 Like

yes baakkeerrrr we all know that all ceos maliciously exploit those who actually create the products and services their companies place so much value on, but there’s other threads for magniloquent soliloquies against capitalism.

this thread is for stuff like wondering when the fk “beatlesque” became a genre

A whole lotta grunge.

And almost the same amount of time on The Dollop podcast. Highly recommend.

Edit: why won’t my phone post the fancy picture like you all have?

I really need to get mum her own separate account…

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I clearly liked his special this year :joy:

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Bandcamp is a good app/website for the artists. Users can buy digital copies of albums (as well as physical cds/lps, merch etc).

1 Like