Spring bird attacks. Do you have a story?

Got got hit by a magpie once walking along the beach, the bugger knocked off my sunnies, and drew a small drop of blood. Was like a rock hitting my head.

They leave me alone now, there seems to be a code, a kind of awkward yet unspoken mutual respect. We just look at each other now, a subtle nod, and then we go our separate ways.

All I can say is that magpies in Queensland have an attitude problem compared to down here. Those bastards will all draw blood!

I can vouch for that...stopped off at a picknick area at one of the dams near Boonah to use the toilets. Saw the magpie nesting warning signs so decided to drive as close as I could to the entrance so that they wouldn't have time to get me. Got out of the car and started running towards

the toilets when after only a few steps I copped a huge sharp whack to the back of my head just below my ear. Found shelter inside the toilet block where I noticed that I was bleeding. Next problem was how to get back out to the car. Pulled my shirt over my head and with my fat guts flopping around everywhere, hunched over bolted back to the car without incident. My pride and head hurt for a while after that...■■■■■■ Queenslanders.

Also thanks to my teachers back in primary school for introducing us to the sport of orienteering,

placing the flags under the large trees during nesting season and making us run the gauntlet

of swooping maggies to complete the task. 

Are plovers those ***** that swoop you at night?

I'm not good on bird names apart from the obvious ones. Never been swooped at night. That would scare the living suitcase out of you I reckon.
I think the birds at night are called bats.

Um....bats ain't birds dude.

I ride through Plow Street, Thornbury daily and I've seen up to 20 magpies in that short section. They all seem to be socially well-adjusted, though; no issues.
Occasionally I get falcons et al after my boomerangs. The scariest (and funniest, when you weren't the thrower) was when one decided it would repeatedly swoop in during a Trick Catch contest. It'd be sitting on a tree behind you as you waited for the rang to come down, then would swoop in for the kill just before the rang got into catching range.

tumblr_nc862qzcln1sept13o1_500.jpg

Plover had a crack at me the other day, unlike magpies the cowards who only swoop once your back is turned, Plovers don't give a fark, relentless attack.

They don't do they.

However they only attack/swoop coz they lay their eggs out in the open (in little depressions) and they only do it while waiting/protecting their eggs.

The woman round the corner from me had a couple of plovers lay eggs in her front yard, she had to time it correctly just to get to her car, me I stopped walking in that direction after being swooped.

Once the eggs hatched they were fine, but it takes a about a month for them to hatch.

As kids we used to actively seek out plovers territory just to be swooped, kids these days don’t know what they’re missing out on!

I went to a Catholic primary school, and I remember our priest got swooped by a group of them (about 3 or 4) one day. He actually had to go to hospital as his injuries were quite bad.

Thinking back on it now, maybe the birds knew something about that priest that I didn't.

I grew up in the country. Being swooped by magpies was fun.

You city people are all pants-■■■■■■■■ and lawsuit whores.

Like that lady who's suing the council because a bird swooped her. I mean f*** seriously

Country people used to go "bird nesting" where they'd run around stealing the eggs of every bird in sight. Which probably didn't help

Country people used to go "bird nesting" where they'd run around stealing the eggs of every bird in sight. Which probably didn't help

Today's catch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L426wOBOdMg

Got attacked at Sandown train station, but think it had more to do with the fact that its baby had fallen out of the nest and I was trying to help it.
I once saw a crow grab a Maccas bag out of the bin, open it and start eating the chips at Glenferrie station. Thought that was pretty cool.

Sheesh... Adelaide supporters will eat anything.  :rolleyes:

Ha ha first read that as a cow, I was thinking wtf!!

Plover had a crack at me the other day, unlike magpies the cowards who only swoop once your back is turned, Plovers don't give a fark, relentless attack.

Get swooped by these ■■■■■■ of things regularly this time of year around Hobart. Not pleasant but they always veer away and avoid contact at the last second.

I got hit by a bird once.

clearly never seen the white trunk elephant gag.

I got hit by a bird once.
clearly never seen the white trunk elephant gag.

What do you do when a bird craps on your windscreen?
Don't ask her out again

http://youtu.be/YGGTcYfrEZU

When I was about 9 I was going door to door selling chocolates for school fundraiser.

A magpie swooped me and clawed me right in the head, starting bleeding.

Had very blonde hair which started going a red/ dark pink colour.

Next door I knocked on they felt sorry for me and bought all the chocolates , about 2 full boxes worth!

Score!

When I was about 9 I was going door to door selling chocolates for school fundraiser.

A magpie swooped me and clawed me right in the head, starting bleeding.

Had very blonde hair which started going a red/ dark pink colour.

Next door I knocked on they felt sorry for me and bought all the chocolates , about 2 full boxes worth!

Score!

Took one for the team.

That thing went sick.

http://youtu.be/YGGTcYfrEZU

the most disturbing part of that clip is the fact that the girl pictured has a radio show. that voice.