Spring Carnival

Thought I‘d get this going.

Huge Spring coming up, what‘s everyone‘s early thoughts for the Spring.

I‘m really excited about Atlantic Jewell and what she can do this Spring, she is a class horse that will be one of the best we will ever see.

Its A Dundeel for the Cox Plate. Classy four year old with a devastating finishing sprint. The key to this horse is that it only goes for 4 runs each preparation. Should run a good race tomorrow in the Underwood Stakes, and will run in the Cox Plate at his fourth run. Runs to its potential and it can beat Atlantic Jewel in the Cox Plate.

Great time of year, hope Atlantic Jewell lives up to all the hype throughout the spring.

Friday nights at the Valley kicking off this friday as well

Its A Dundeel for the Cox Plate. Classy four year old with a devastating finishing sprint. The key to this horse is that it only goes for 4 runs each preparation. Should run a good race tomorrow in the Underwood Stakes, and will run in the Cox Plate at his fourth run. Runs to its potential and it can beat Atlantic Jewel in the Cox Plate.

Hope you got on.
Tasty odds.

Hope you got on.
Tasty odds.

Was waiting for next start.

He's a good horse and going well.

I guess this is sort of race related, but MVRC trying to destroy the whole of Moonee Ponds with some ridiculous development where they want to build a massive apartment block. Moonee Valley CC is opposed to it as well, interestingly enough.

Anyway, for MVRC to do this are they broke?

It's A Dundeel in from 12.00 to 4.50 for the Cox Plate. I should have jumped on last week. Silly me !  

Geelong Cup form is good form.

Few I like this week with their current odds from Betfair.

Friday: MV R8 - WIN Epaulette $5.5 - Saver on Samaready $7.5

Sunday: Caulfield R8 - WIN Strawberry Boy $8 - Saver on Ferlax $10

If anyone is interested in a Betfair account PM me  - helping a friend get some clients. They will give you some free bets to start with.

Easy run for Atlantic Jewell there. Cox Plate a completely different story but would love to see her do it!

Fingers crossed she can do it abers13!

Has to be a big query on Dundeel now, surely wont be at 100% when they clash next.

Doubt that any three year olds will run. Average edition of the Caulfield Guineas, and while Guelph should trot in the Thousand Guineas, she will probably be spelled.

i know theres another thread on the spring carnival but just like to have a clean one for this weekends cup

i was following  2 horses for the cup and they both had good races on the weekend

foreteller who tracked atlantic jewel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ5pZlYzBPA

and simenon 5.25 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfmI7iyJkNs

and im doubting any of them might start this week now &*^&*^&*^&*^ 

track should be good on satuday with no rain forecast after thursday

anyone else having a punt this weekend?

I don't know if I have the weekend off, but I should go.

Went 20 years ago and it was my favourite day of the Races ever (outside Murtoa New Years Day, but nothing can compete with that).

Geelong cup form is good form.

The Melbourne Racing Club and Racing Victoria have to decide if the Gai Waterhouse-trained Julienas or international raider Forgotten Voice takes the final place in Saturday‘s 18-horse field for the Group I Caulfield Cup (2400m).
With the announcement that Quintessential is a non-acceptor and has been retired, Julienas and Forgotten Voice move into equal 18th place in the ballot for the $2.5 million handicap.
Julienas is a last start runner-up in the Group I Metropolitan while Forgotten Voice has travelled from England to take part in the spring racing carnival and is a last start winner of the Group III Glorious Stakes (2400m) at Goodwood.
The Melbourne Racing Club will announce the final field at 3pm on Tuesday.

Should probably be under the 'Spring Carival' thread as that rarely gets used anyway.

For what its worth I had a couple of bets last month which were Fawkner at $101 and Dear Demi at $31... hoping for a good barrier draw tomorrow.

Should probably be under the 'Spring Carival' thread as that rarely gets used anyway.

For what its worth I had a couple of bets last month which were Fawkner at $101 and Dear Demi at $31... hoping for a good barrier draw tomorrow.

very good luck ;-)  i think they are both under 20s now

been watching a few replays from the weekend , seems the leading horses held on okay and they where also making good ground from behind so if that keeps up should make for an entertaining day

ive backed mr oceirin and jet away a few times at the moment they are in my  pick 4s   but i have to find a good replacement for simenon

You did well with Dear Demi. I expect it to run a big race.