Spring Carnival

I have been to every Cox Plate since Saintly won it and I would have to say that Adelaide’s win is the best I’ve seen and there has been some amazing horses win and do it in some fashion in that time.

Adelaide came from last and started it’s charge 4-5 furlongs out, around the field and ran down a very very good horse.

Once again, what a great day.

Greatest Cox Plate I've ever seen......'Kingston Town Cant Win'.......still sends shivers down my spine

First day on the punt on Cox plate day. Got the quaddie!!!! Handy little 800 bucks for Super Saturday

GET AROUND ME!!!!

Greatest Cox Plate I've ever seen......'Kingston Town Cant Win'.......still sends shivers down my spine

Dulcify for mine.

Dulcify for mine.

Dulcify, Kingston Town and (different horse, but...) Manikato were my favourite horses.

Dulcify first.

I cried.

Edit:  Had a soft spot for Schillachi.  But Saintly, Might and Power, Makybe Diva, Black Caviar...they're making up the numbers for me.

Big run by Adelaide - Though some forget that Bonecrusher and Our Waverley Star slugged it out from the 800.

Foreteller $8.27 the place fixed odds. Ridiculous.

Could have nearly won with a bit more luck... stiff to miss a place for your bet

The Cleaner

Never had a chance of winning the Cox Plate but a great story.

so for the not so race inclined, who knows of car parking close to flemington on race days ?

Not so much in peak hours, as I'd be getting there around 9-10 am ish, however parking is a ■■■■■ at the best of times around there, so yeah.

so for the not so race inclined, who knows of car parking close to flemington on race days ?

Not so much in peak hours, as I'd be getting there around 9-10 am ish, however parking is a ***** at the best of times around there, so yeah.

Wouldn't want to try doing it unless parking inside the track.

Keeping the car at home or at a railway station is much easier.

easier yes

convient, no. gotta drive to work straight after, hence need the car with me, as close as possible.

easier yes
convient, no. gotta drive to work straight after, hence need the car with me, as close as possible.

Car is such a bad option, find another. Get creative. Park For free a few k away towards work, tram or train it to the track & back to your car

Schillachi.

Foreteller in the Mackinnon looks to be the bet of the day tomorrow.

Derby Day

Looking at the fields, its going to be a ripper.......

Derby Day

Looking at the fields, its going to be a ripper.......

Indeed.

They tend to say it is the best race day of the year. The fields tomorrow are a testament to that belief.

Vale Bonecrusher.

“Big Red” has passed away this morning, aged 32.

I can just see “the accurate one” wanting to call him again.

RIP champ.

Off to Caulfield today.

Know nothing about horses, anyone with some hot tips?

1 Like

Yep. Don’t bet more than $20 per Race.

1 Like

And don’t take any notice of Tony Brassel with his selections.
The guy is a fraud but I wouldn’t mind his job.

1 Like

The idea of having The Everest up against Caulfield Guineas Day was an interesting move by Racing NSW. You would hope the racing at Caulfiled wasn’t left a distant second by it, even though the Guineas itself was won by a 100/1 emergency!