Stand by Hird and the players again

Long time watcher of these threads, previous donater to Fog and Koala when they ran previous campaigns.
I live in Asia and as such don’t have to cop the vitriol you guys at home have put up with for the past 3 plus years. Tonight in Vietnam of all places I have been lectured how “Caro is right and Hird has to go as he is responsible for us being drug cheats” to the point I was the bigger man and left despite it being my place.
Anyway I am happy to make a considerable donation if any of you guys on the ground still have the passion for another campaign as I think the next few weeks are so important for our footy club. We need to show strength in these times and ensure the corruption of the media and the Afl do not break us.
Anyway if any of the previous organisers of these things wants to start something please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist from afar.
Cmon the bombers

Right now simply get on social media and message the players and the club directly. We don’t need the media to convey our messages.

Twitter has been on it all day.

who do you wish to show strength in first and foremost ?
Kevin Sheedy ?
James Hird ?
the EFC ?

I throw in Sheedy cos it’s the exact same mentality people ran with around the time he was proven to not be up to it anymore.

Any move going forward should be made in the best interests of the Essendon football club, not the james Hird appreciation fanclub.
(granted if the EFC decide it’s in their best interest to continue with Hird as Coach so be it, but some people seriously need to get their priorities straight on how or what they actually stand for, do you stand for one man above the club, or the club itself ?)

I’m with Soulnet. BJ’s comments reminded me that it’s not so much Hirdy or the club that need our support but the players. I’m in London but I’d be writing letters to the playing group and sending tweets to those that we know about letting them know that they have our support regardless of what’s happening on-field

who do you wish to show strength in first and foremost ? Kevin Sheedy ? James Hird ? the EFC ?

I throw in Sheedy cos it’s the exact same mentality people ran with around the time he was proven to not be up to it anymore.

Any move going forward should be made in the best interests of the Essendon football club, not the james Hird appreciation fanclub.
(granted if the EFC decide it’s in their best interest to continue with Hird as Coach so be it, but some people seriously need to get their priorities straight on how or what they actually stand for, do you stand for one man above the club, or the club itself ?)

We heard you the first 80 jillion times. And it’s still a simplistic argument.

who do you wish to show strength in first and foremost ? Kevin Sheedy ? James Hird ? the EFC ?

Like most cliches, it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.
By the club, you actually mean the board.

Lol, dp. The Hirds are the club. Much like the Danihers, and the Evans until David decided to throw us under a double decker bus full of american tourists.

Lol, dp. The Hirds are the club. Much like the Danihers, and the Evans until David decided to throw us under a double decker bus full of american tourists.

Mexican tourists, right?

Are you for real?
The Hirds are the club?
FMD…

Are you for real?
The Hirds are the club?
FMD…

Pretty sure Barnz means it in the sense that a family doesn’t turn their back on any member of the family. Touch one touch all. And the Hirds are family.

Are you for real?
The Hirds are the club?
FMD…

Pretty sure Barnz means it in the sense that a family doesn’t turn their back on any member of the family. Touch one touch all. And the Hirds are family.

Sounds a little Tasmanian … *

Apologies Taswegians.

how dare you.
im not little.

Are you for real?
The Hirds are the club?
FMD…

Ahh, thanks for clarifying that!

I am fatigued. I want to protest in a way that needs no energy expended.

I think we need to hit the AFL where it hurts. The hip pocket. No more buying AFL merchandise until this is over.

can any coach do more than hird with the playing stock him has for the last ten game, look at our injury list that half our team

can any coach do more than hird with the playing stock him has for the last ten game, look at our injury list that half our team
Coaching starts at team selection, game style and match day tactics.

On this basis, ANY coach could do more than Hird.

I am fatigued. I want to protest in a way that needs no energy expended.

I think we need to hit the AFL where it hurts. The hip pocket. No more buying AFL merchandise until this is over.

Tomorrow’s crowd will give them some sort of message.

Coaching starts at team selection, game style and match day tactics.

On this basis, ANY coach could do more than Hird.

No, it doesn’t.
But those aspects do suit your continuous narrative, granted.

considering it’s the first time i’ve said this it’s interesting how you’ve heard it so many times before, maybe it’s you who’s said it to yourself ?

And it is a simplistic arguement, cos the problem is a simplistic one. EFC interests should always come first, not individual peoples agendas.

considering it’s the first time i’ve said this it’s interesting how you’ve heard it so many times before, maybe it’s you who’s said it to yourself ?

And it is a simplistic arguement, cos the problem is a simplistic one. EFC interests should always come first, not individual peoples agendas.

Point nicely missed, again.