Stand by Hird and the players again

last year we had 13 player playing 19 or more game, this year we have about 5

I am fatigued. I want to protest in a way that needs no energy expended.

I think we need to hit the AFL where it hurts. The hip pocket. No more buying AFL merchandise until this is over.

You buy AFL merchandise?
We do our bit Digs. Gotta support the team

I hope you at least buy it from the Bomber shop.

You think he’s made of money?

The Hird haters do not care about facts - they feel he cannot coach so he must go -it’s the vibe man.

All factors except the amount of wilns are irrelevant.

With this “logic” (stupidity) 10 coaches should be sacked every year!

Here’s the thing dkp. Somebody started a thread asking how we can go about showing our support for the coach and players, who are still being hammered out there in the footy media and the wider footy public. Great. But you come along with your “what, we should support Sheedy?” comment and your general denigration of what you call the “James Hird fanclub”.

Are there not enough places on the web, and even in this fan forum, to post your negativity? What about one of wob’s threads? Or the lid on thread? Or match review threads? Can you not see that this particular thread has been initiated so people can get together to work out HOW we can show our support, not WHETHER we should show our support?

You’re entitled to your opinion. But you know, I don’t go running into churches on a Sunday yelling out “what a load of crap!!” There are plenty of forums for that, and there are plenty of forums for your tough love, but this thread’s clearly not it.

Agree. The thread was started about how to show support for the club right now - for the players and coaches that we have right now. Agree that there are other threads to discuss changes and unhappiness…this is about support.

Sorry Humbert Humbert - your words got lumped in with mine…mucked up the quote function…agree with what you said about this thread being a positive one.

I think we need to hit the AFL where it hurts. The hip pocket. No more buying AFL merchandise until this is over.

You buy AFL merchandise?

That’s Allblack leaning up against his old man.

You buy AFL merchandise?

That’s Allblack leaning up against his old man.

I remember having that much hair… sort of.

strand up and be counted

Fabric.

Sack Hird

Shave ird

Here's the thing dkp. Somebody started a thread asking how we can go about showing our support for the coach and players, who are still being hammered out there in the footy media and the wider footy public. Great. But you come along with your "what, we should support Sheedy?" comment and your general denigration of what you call the "James Hird fanclub".

Are there not enough places on the web, and even in this fan forum, to post your negativity? What about one of wob’s threads? Or the lid on thread? Or match review threads? Can you not see that this particular thread has been initiated so people can get together to work out HOW we can show our support, not WHETHER we should show our support?

You’re entitled to your opinion. But you know, I don’t go running into churches on a Sunday yelling out “what a load of crap!!” There are plenty of forums for that, and there are plenty of forums for your tough love, but this thread’s clearly not it.

Agree. The thread was started about how to show support for the club right now - for the players and coaches that we have right now. Agree that there are other threads to discuss changes and unhappiness…this is about support.

and my point was SUPPORT the EFC first and foremost, not one man.
I never questioned whether people should show support, I questioned the illogic of trying to force the club who comes first into doing something based on the emotion surrounding one person.

I brought up sheedy cos it’s the exact same thing. people didn’t want to move on cos of the history and emotion and were willing to sacrifice the club, to appease one person involved in it.

I’ve got no problem with people wanting to support Hird, despite my beliefs, but again the club should come first, and I think like i said if the club thinks Hird should stay around then so be it (which i’ve always claimed will be the likely outcome that he’ll see out his contract).
but i think people need to brace themselves that if the club feel he isn’t the right man, then they should accept that outcome also.

might be time to bring the Back Our Boys signs back out to show these poor blokes our support, I still have a few on the walls at work and home

When ever I talk football with anyone (which is not often these days), and I say I’m an Essendon supporter.

Garunteed I always get told, you should have sacked Hird and kept Thompson.

My response is always. ‘Why do you care? I couldn’t give a f-ck who your coach is’

When ever I talk football with anyone (which is not often these days), and I say I'm an Essendon supporter.

Guaranteed I always get told, you should have sacked Hird and kept Thompson.

My response is always. ‘Why do you care? I couldn’t give a f-ck who your coach is’

The reality is, particularly in Victoria, most ‘footy fans’ are just simple minded sheep when it comes to football related matters both on and off the field.

They have spent their lifetimes being conditioned and getting told what to think by the age, the herald sun, AFL 360, the footy show, footy classified, 3AW, SEN and the AFL website.

The saga has just exposed how frighteningly deep the cancer of ignorance and stupidity runs.

Lol, dp. The Hirds are the club. Much like the Danihers, and the Evans until David decided to throw us under a double decker bus full of american tourists.

Are you for real?
The Hirds are the club?
FMD…

Pretty sure Barnz means it in the sense that a family doesn’t turn their back on any member of the family. Touch one touch all. And the Hirds are family.

Sounds a little Tasmanian … *

Apologies Taswegians.

LOL

i agree with what jonvdp said,so we essendon should start calling all the radio station start being abusive

You buy AFL merchandise?

I see what you've been up to during your down time.

A very handsome family there.

but i think people need to brace themselves that if the club feel he isn’t the right man, then they should accept that outcome also.

Yeah nah, I think I’ll reserved the right to slam the club if they make a decision as moronic as that in the current circumstances. Just like you do for just about everything else they do.

Can someone remind me at the start of the year when we had most of these top 9 injured players in the team, how well were we doing?

When Hurley, Watson, coyler, bellchambers, chapman, fletcher, z Merrett were in the side? Like Anzac Day? I am lead to believe reading this that we were unstoppable.

You buy AFL merchandise?

Is there going to be a second season of Wayward Pines and will you be in it?