Star Wars,Rise of Skywalker FULL SPOILERS!

Good post. Although Snoke could be yoda sized and the hologram was blown right up on purpose.

I’m assuming he’s blown up (nice mini reveal that he was a hologram near the end) but he’ll still be a minimum 7 feet tall as Serkis has stated. The Snoke character will still be much larger than most men. For me he’s the character with the most unknown questions…how did he rise to power? who trained him? where did he come from? how exactly did he help turn Kylo? etc.

There’s lots of theories going about that’s he’s Darth Plaguess (google it) but I think he could be Plaguess’ offspring or something? I don’t know. I can usually map out most things but he’s one that I can work out, which is fun, but frustrating.

It’s a good movie.
I’ll be watching it again.

Just a few negatives from me…

1. Someone earlier mentioned Leia.
    I agree.Carrie Fisher’s acting is bland as.
    Hell…it even felt like Harrison Ford was going thru the motions at times.
    Perhaps I’m not making an allowance for how old the guy is now.
    Nonetheless, great to see a bit more of Han and Chewy.

2. I can suspend belief whilst watching a movie, but only up to a point.
    Surely…surely Rey, whose midi-chlorian count is probably off the charts, should still not be able to learn how to use a Light Saber to such an expert level, that she over powers a Sith Master.
    A learning curve that was completed in less than 5 minutes…c’mon.

Sh*t, even Fin was half decent with the Saber.
Ren should have cut him in half inside 2 seconds, if we’re being serious.

1. No Ewoks…WTF

Ok, point 3 was a joke.
I just felt like I needed a Point 3

Umm, on your point about Kylo Ren and the saber skills, Kylo is still a young 20 something year old who would have had minimal saber dueling experience (hence being proficient in the use of the force and light on for saber skills). Hell, Snoke said himself at the end of the movie he still had to complete his training. So he’s not even properly trained yet. I’m sure Kylo’s cut own a lot of defenceless old men in his time but it’s not the same. And that’s throwing in the fact he was shot and injured before the main fight (you even saw him bleeding when he hit his chest). Rey was highly skilled with the staff that she always kept on her, so the transition to a saber wouldn’t be too unexpected. Finn probably lasted longer than he should have but eh…The fight itself wasn’t Rey being highly skilled, in fact both were swinging and missing a lot, showing both of their immaturity. This wasn’t Kylo as the perfect Sith.

Some fair points there CB.

Was a great movie, not greatest of all time, but very good and satisfying. I'd rank it top 3, whether for me it's #2 or #3 will require multiple viewings (Empire is obviously #1).

I pretty much disagree with everything ivan has said about the movie.

I thought the casting was spot on and Oscar Isaac was one of the more interesting and entertaining characters of the movie with his humor and badassary in piloting. I feel he could really take the reigns of Han Solo in the remaining two movies with the humor and wit he exudes from his character, his humour when Kylo Ren is about to torture him reeks of old Han. Harrison Ford himself played Han perfectly one last time and looks pretty good for an old guy I must say, and Mark Hamill actually rocked the beard well even if it was for just 3 seconds of the movie. Was kinda hoping for more, but I understand it. Less said about Carie Fisher the better but she did her job well enough and watching her was the only time in the movie I felt that acting was any less than sublime. Both Finn and Rey were magnificently acted and deserve massive props because both were excellent. Everything about the acting is a million miles better than the prequels, and we thankfully say we’ll never have to hear another “I don’t like sand” speech from Anakin like George Lucas gave us.

I thought Kylo Ren was a fantastic villian as were the light-saber battles. Felt a lot like the original style duels, as opposed to the extremely over-choreographed fights of the prequels (or the hilariously bad Anakin v Dooku fight from Attack of the Clones). These were very raw fights and it’s fair to say Kylo still has a long way to go. They felt like inexperienced jedi/siths fighting which holds up to the fact that Kylo is still young and untrained for the most part, so to see him be perfect with the saber is unrealistic. Also not seeing a million backflips was a nice welcome change.

The humor in the movie was a fantastic surprise. Not in a Jar Jar way, but actually genuinely funny and sat very well with me. Coming into the movie I also had a bad feeling about BB8 being a silly droid but I was very surprised with how damn cute it was and made me chuckle numerous times (ecspecially the thumbs up flame part). I can definitiley see the next movie being about Luke training Rey, and Snoke training Kylo Ren.

Only things I could say were drawbacks from the movie was C3PO’s red arm (which felt tacked on for the sake of it) and how very sudden the attack on the Starkiller base came and it didn’t feel like a huge deal when they destroyed it, more of a “hey good job now what’s for dinner” feel. Some of reveals also seemed glossed over in casual sentences. But that’s just nitpicking for the sake of it. Lots of unaswered questions. Basically the entire First Order took a gigantic hit with a majority of their forces destroyed on the planet, it’ll be hard to recover from that… Most interesting to me is the Supreme Leader Snoke. 30 feet tall and has knowledge of the force. Be very interested to see how his story pans out. If he has a light-saber it must be huge.

Overall great movie, JJ can relax now.

You see I actually agree with everything you just said I’m just ■■■■■■ that the plot boiled down to being a remake of a new Hope and that has really cast a pall for me.

I’ll see it again with that in mind and try to focus on the good stuff more.

But I don’t get the point of all the secrecy surrounding the plot when it took all of about 5 minutes to realise they were remaking ep iv and you could chart the plot from thereon in and the big moments were really telegraphed.

Disney made a decision to throw out Lucas’s story treatments and go there own way and then they basically made a remake. Wtf. What would people have said 3 years ago if Disney announced they were going to remake ep iv?

Obviously I’m not convincing anyone so I’ll give it a rest.

Man, I was kinda hoping Fin had/has the force. Seriously, a storm trooper who has the force would of been awesome.

Really enjoyed the movie. There was no way JJ was going to make a bad Star Wars film.

C Fisher is only just hangin’ in there.

Umm, on your point about Kylo Ren and the saber skills, Kylo is still a young 20 something year old who would have had minimal saber dueling experience (hence being proficient in the use of the force and light on for saber skills). Hell, Snoke said himself at the end of the movie he still had to complete his training. So he's not even properly trained yet. I'm sure Kylo's cut own a lot of defenceless old men in his time but it's not the same. And that's throwing in the fact he was shot and injured before the main fight (you even saw him bleeding when he hit his chest). Rey was highly skilled with the staff that she always kept on her, so the transition to a saber wouldn't be too unexpected. Finn probably lasted longer than he should have but eh..The fight itself wasn't Rey being highly skilled, in fact both were swinging and missing a lot, showing both of their immaturity. This wasn't Kylo as the perfect Sith.

Exactly, ren is only learning how to use the dark side of the force. I can see the 2nd film being all about rae getting trained and ren being trained and then gaving a awesome fight to the death in the 3rd when they have both reached full power.

I loved the fact that the light saber duels felt more real, people were missing their swings, i don’t think there was one flip, just good swordfights. They didnt seem like they were massively choerographed either( i mean that as a positive)

I loved when ren started punching himself in the side in the spot where he was bleeding to fire himself up/toughen up.

C Fisher is only just hangin' in there.

Have to agree but I’m glad she was in it and she did drop the kilos.

I ■■■■■■ loved it.

It’s interesting, what annoyed Ivan was one of my favourite parts. The symmetry to New Hope was more than just a nod to the original formula, although I liked that too. It was also very ‘history inevitably repeats.’ I agree that it left no suspense on how this was going to end, but it’s Star Wars. Of the 4000 times you’ve watched A New Hope, only one time did you not know they would blow up the death star. Suspense is unnecessary in a film designed to be watched multiple times.

Rey has to be Luke’s daughter. I mean, I guess she could be Leia and Han’s, but you kind of feel that would have come up before Han fell out of the movie. She looks like her Grandma regardless. It’s one of those two options, because why else would Leia send ‘girl we just met’ off with the Wookie to retrieve her twin brother, that they’ve been scouring the galaxy for almost thirty years trying to find?

Characters that were interesting, and talked to each other, and had chemistry, and good dialogue, and good direction… It was everything that Phantom Menance wasn’t.

Harrison Ford was great I thought. “You reckon you’re cold?!” Carrie Fisher was as good as you could expect her to be…

Yeah, Han’s death was kinda weak. That annoyed me. He deserved better. But other that, I can’t fault it. It was everything I wanted it to be.

It's a good movie. I'll be watching it again.

Just a few negatives from me…

1. Someone earlier mentioned Leia.
    I agree.Carrie Fisher’s acting is bland as.
    Hell…it even felt like Harrison Ford was going thru the motions at times.
    Perhaps I’m not making an allowance for how old the guy is now.
    Nonetheless, great to see a bit more of Han and Chewy.

2. I can suspend belief whilst watching a movie, but only up to a point.
    Surely…surely Rey, whose midi-chlorian count is probably off the charts, should still not be able to learn how to use a Light Saber to such an expert level, that she over powers a Sith Master.
    A learning curve that was completed in less than 5 minutes…c’mon.

Sh*t, even Fin was half decent with the Saber.
Ren should have cut him in half inside 2 seconds, if we’re being serious.

1. No Ewoks…WTF

Ok, point 3 was a joke.
I just felt like I needed a Point 3

Rey beat the crap out of those guys using her stick thing when they tried to take the droid, I thought they used that to show she was already handy with a weapon. I know the light sabre is different, but I thought they did that to show she wasn’t a complete novice, she knows how to look after herself.

I'm assuming he's blown up (nice mini reveal that he was a hologram near the end) but he'll still be a minimum 7 feet tall as Serkis has stated. The Snoke character will still be much larger than most men. For me he's the character with the most unknown questions...how did he rise to power? who trained him? where did he come from? how exactly did he help turn Kylo? etc.

There’s lots of theories going about that’s he’s Darth Plaguess (google it) but I think he could be Plaguess’ offspring or something? I don’t know. I can usually map out most things but he’s one that I can work out, which is fun, but frustrating.

That massive scar on his head has me thinking he definitely is Plaguess.

Saw the movie last night and it was just what every fan was hoping for. I think I had a smile on my face the whole time.

It was a perfect mix of the old and the new. I think in ep 8 we’ll see a couple more of the old characters killed off, like Leia, Chewy and C3PO paving the way for the new group to run solo ( pun intended) in ep 9 and beyond.

I do think Rey is Luke daughter but as stated above I’d like her not to be. The universe is too big just to have skywalkers as the only force users.

I’ve got a feeling that Fin may grow into a Jedi somehow. Not sure how but I’m sure there’s been a machine created that can enhance the slightest sign of the force in people.

Can’t wait to head back and see it again to pick up on little bits I may off missed.

Only 18 months till ep 8!!! Bring it on!!

Went to see Han. They killed Han. Bastards!

C Fisher is only just hangin' in there.

Princess Leia has had too much botox.

You’d think after losing 2x Death Stars and 1x Star Killer, the Empire/1st Order’s design team would come up with a way to defend against a handful of X-Wing fighters + a few mercenaries working from the inside. There wasn’t even a trained Jedi with them this time.

I have seen it now in both 2d and 3d. 2d is still the way to go. Interesting to note that Village trailers went for about 30 mins, while Hoyts went for 15.

Also really like flipping the script a little with someone dark side being tempted by the light. Instead f the other way.

Not sure if I said it already but man Kylo’s voice was awesome.

Also really like flipping the script a little with someone dark side being tempted by the light. Instead f the other way.

Pretty sure after what Ren did there is no going back to light side.

Ren voice was better than it awesome, it was… There are no words. Yeah probably awesome is the best word.

I loved seeing proper creatures and characters when they went into that bar, not just cgi galore. Also seeing them run away from real explosions was cool.

Its the little things that can really add to a film

I defy anyone to watch that opening credits crawl and not get goosebumps