Star Wars - Spoilers - The Mandalorian edition

I’d rather it be a clone that was stolen vs a force baby looking to be cloned but that’s just me :slight_smile:

So far it’s been good, maybe not great, but still happy with it. Doesn’t look like the characters are going to get too complex.

The ‘Mcgyver’ style montage when they rebuilt the ship was a bit meh. I mean cmon, this things going to be doing hyperspace and the exterior panels are just press fit?

Loved the disintegration of the Jawas.

Enjoyed the IG-11 character, mostly cause his movements were so robotic, it looked just like the IG-88 action figure would have had to move.

And as someone else pointed out, just the right mix of rubber figures and great quality CGI, it’s more believable visually than any of the prequels.

3 Likes

episode 3 is out.

2 Likes

And the best of the 3. Jet packs are rad. That ep washed away so much of The Last Jedi’s stench of bantha fodder.
Confirmed the theory Yodas species is an enemy of Mandalor.

2 Likes

This is the way

Debora Chow, the director of that episode is the director of the Obi-Wan series

Noticed in the credits: “visual productions by Unreal Engine”

Huh…

Now using a pc game development engine for cgi on tv shows. That’s a really interesting industry change.

Once he found the child, this arc was predictable. Take the bounty, get the armour, have second thoughts and rescue the child. Not a complaint, just was a logical prediction.

Have zero idea where it is heading next.

1 Like

In case some of you geeks get too far into it, just remember it’s fictional entertainment.

2 Likes

I find your lack of faith disturbing

7 Likes

It’s just like all the Clint Eastwood movies rolled into one, but in space.

Needs to speed up a bit more.

1 Like

nope, enjoying the slower pace

2 Likes

unreal engine is insanely good.

you better hope your serena fan fic doesnt get out.

2 Likes

It’s totes real, me lady.

16 Likes

Filming is awesome, action scenes are exciting and it’s cruisy show. Good show

1 Like

Loving the amount of homage (easter eggs) they are throwing in. Anyone else notice the pole leaning against the wall just before he finds the bassinet in the garbage? I’m pretty sure thats the same one used by Han in the trash compactor in New Hope. Enjoying the show so far but it just needs to clean up some of the cringe like the flyby salute from the other Mandalorian - no need for it.

Ep 3. Fark yeah.

2 Likes

I noticed by the 3 ep’s so far that the bad guy aim is still as shockingly ■■■■ as ever :rofl::rofl: .

as a not so big a fanboi of star wars, it doesn’t make as much sense to me as it does to others, but it’s been ok so far.

in hindsight i think i should have waited til all eps were out and binge watched it.