State League Prospects Thread

So is he worth having another look at this year for us?

Baulderstone vs Tagliabue

Awesome.

If we are after a ruckman yes.
Not sure we need another ruck though

Baulderstone vs Tagliabue
Awesome.

Why don't we have both!

If we are after a ruckman yes.
Not sure we need another ruck though

I'm pretty sure. Even if Thurlow gets fit & shows something.

I'm extremely sure. The fact that we went into this year with only two main list ruckmen was simply a result of poor list management in previous years. That and any KPF/KPD depth.

Ben Cavarra? In the spirit of Lewis Taylor, this kid is similar. Small but smart, quick & good. Won Easterns B&F last year & played well at Frankston under Goosey this year after missing out in all the drafts last year. He’s worth a punt considering our draft penalties

Ben Cavarra? In the spirit of Lewis Taylor, this kid is similar. Small but smart, quick & good. Won Easterns B&F last year & played well at Frankston under Goosey this year after missing out in all the drafts last year. He's worth a punt considering our draft penalties

Yeah I'd definitely grab him, probably with one of our late draft picks

Ben Cavarra? In the spirit of Lewis Taylor, this kid is similar. Small but smart, quick & good. Won Easterns B&F last year & played well at Frankston under Goosey this year after missing out in all the drafts last year. He's worth a punt considering our draft penalties

Yeah I'd definitely grab him, probably with one of our late draft picks

Definitely.

Think he could become a good AFL player. 

Play footy with his best mate from rangers. Reckons he is a damn gun.

Play footy with his best mate from rangers. Reckons he is a damn gun.

Probably because he is.

What’s the chances of Hugh Goddard sliding to pick 20?

What's the chances of Hugh Goddard sliding to pick 20?

Slim. Although there are rumours he could be a potential slider with the likes of McCartin, Wright and McKenzie having such good seasons.

Give me Yarran and Owen, thanks.

Wouldnt be surprised to lose up to a dozen to the draft again this year.
Smokey for me is a young indigenous lad named Anthony Wilson, probably the quickest player ive seen in the SANFL, good skills, chases and tackles with ferocity. Numerous Port players literally shat themselves last night when he was chasing such is his pace. He gave Jarman Impey a bath and then Nathan Krakouer was moved onto him and he beat him easily

Let's get him.
was going to ask about him. I only saw one passage of play a couple of weeks ago, but it was his ability to pick the ball up at full pace every time. Most players slow down a tad, this guy just hits it at full tilt and one grab and he and the ball are gone...

Wilson against the Crows reserves 2 weeks ago
http://youtu.be/C0f9UIzk0Ak

Thought it was relevant.

Probably the wrong thread but can anyone tell me why NOB is rated so highly? I’ve watch 3 games of VFL live plus another couple on TV and whatever he’s played at AFL level, I just don’t see an AFL quality player in him. He’s not that quick, average skills etc. what’s “his tricks” that make him AFL grade? Just don’t see it.

agreed others have past him this year.

Probably the wrong thread but can anyone tell me why NOB is rated so highly? I've watch 3 games of VFL live plus another couple on TV and whatever he's played at AFL level, I just don't see an AFL quality player in him. He's not that quick, average skills etc. what's "his tricks" that make him AFL grade? Just don't see it.

As an avid VFL report reader, his main trick appears to be getting the ball before the opposition does many many times each game. Whether that is sufficient of a trick is an entirely another question which I will let normal watchers reply to.

Probably the wrong thread but can anyone tell me why NOB is rated so highly? I've watch 3 games of VFL live plus another couple on TV and whatever he's played at AFL level, I just don't see an AFL quality player in him. He's not that quick, average skills etc. what's "his tricks" that make him AFL grade? Just don't see it.

As an avid VFL report reader, his main trick appears to be getting the ball before the opposition does many many times each game. Whether that is sufficient of a trick is an entirely another question which I will let normal watchers reply to.

He isn't overly damaging by disposal. Couple that with his innate ability to go to ground and dive on the ball (u12 style) and you don't particularly see a league footballer there. 

Baulderstone Tagliabue
Awesome.

Sounds liike a Medieval Pizza - Theatre restaurant chain