Stephen May...be

I thought he was a mad Essendon fan before he was drafted??

1 Like

Just no unless like for like…eg KPD out May in

Would be our number 1 defender

1 Like

I heard on one of the podcasts recently this isn’t true. What they said was the 2 in 4 rule only prevents you from trading future picks. You can always trade this years first round pick even if you haven’t taken one for 10 years.

No idea if that’s true or not, I think it’s one of those grey area rules the AFL will enforce when it suits and ignore when it doesn’t

2 Likes

It’s about time we addressed our glaring lack of key defenders.

20 Likes

we will trade for him and he will play for us and you will all like it.

or something like that.

AFL allowed Geelong to do it with Tuohy, even though Geelong thought it was against the rules at the time.

If we could have him as well as a gun inside mid. We can’t afford that and probably don’t have the draft picks/want to part with the right quality players.

I’m pretty sure the rule is written intentionally vague so the AFL can veto if a team is doing too ■■■■ or doing too well

It’s just another example of the AFL introducing rules with inherent interpretation issues.

2 Likes

What’s he look like?

A big lump of meat

1 Like

Essendon need as many lumps of meat as they can get. Offer GC 2x 1st round picks + J Hird’s 1st born.

If our interest in him is legit then we either plan to send Hooker fwd or worried about Hurls injuries/form.

We certainly have some defenders to send GC way as part of a trade. Harts or Ambrose even.

1 Like

Pass

What’s the thing I hear about AFL making him a free agent this year? If so, I wouldn’t mind us chasing him without the cost of picks and demanding max $900k per year

Geez if we could land this bloke.

One of 5 I’d pick from any list.

In a heart beat, especially if the AFL make him a free agent so the suns can capitalise on their draft position.

AFL already shut it down

GC asked if could make F/A but no can do

1 Like

Edit: what Speedy said

1 Like

Wonder why the GC can’t hold onto their talent, it really doesn’t…

…never mind.

I would rather see him in Red and Black smashing carnts than in black and white

2 Likes