Stephen May...be

I suggested him not so much because I want to trade him out, but more because you need to trade quality to get quality.

Hurley for Kelly? Hurley for Mitchell?

Iā€™d trade Hurley for May, only because May is a couple of years younger.

Wasnā€™t he AA last season

1 Like

Trade hike to Collingwood for Chris Mayne

Honest question.
How did you think he went this year?

Erich, pls

1 Like

Get rid of fabric footballers at your peril. Hurls is fabric but a gun footballer too boot and Iā€™ll back him to recapture his best. Non tradeable for mine. As footballers bradbury and carey in 86 were not in the same planet, but gee they both left holes due to how important they were to the culture of the place. Injuries may have cost us in 86 but donā€™t underestimate the impact of 2 fabric footballers leaving the club and picking up a couple of mercenaries. Rodger the dodger leaving in my opinion went a fair way to costing us the 90 flag. And then the salary cap balls up which led to the departures of much loved premiership players hardwick, cara, Heffernan and moorcroft. Have these blokes circa 2003 to 2005 and essendon again remain in the premiership mix. Dimma hardwick was a massive loss. No to any Hurley trade.

12 Likes

Forgot blumfield

1 Like

Hurley for Kelly? itā€™s a hypothetical that I canā€™t answer, can I plead the 5th ? :grin:

1 Like

Hurls has to play a key role. Thatā€™s where he does his best work. As a focus point. Heā€™s a competitor. Heā€™s fine when heā€™s beating somebody in a contest and seems to be able to put everything together from there. Heā€™s the perfect second key defender. If itā€™s there with Hooker or whoever, thatā€™s what he does.

Melbourne should be moving heaven and earth to bring in May, would be a massive, massive upgrade on Oscar McDonald and Frost.

May is too short and a bit soft. we need someone like Jack Watts to intimidate the opposition.

Jokes aside my old man has decided to bag daniher just to annoy me every time we talk. I am going to pretend they offered may plus their first pick for Daniher but that i hope it doesnā€™t happen. he will go off lol. will be just like the time i told him invented silk road and that i was in over my head lol. although he did say ā€œas if, you are too stupid to even do basic coding dumb dumbā€

While I agree with what you posted, I do wonder if we let an aging star get traded we could of kept all of those players and maybe picked up a couple of classy kids. Iā€™m thinking Buddy Franklin hawks type situation. I guess the critical thing is the player has to want to go.

1 Like

Heā€™s contracted till the end of 2022, presumably on $$$ in the vicinity of 800k per year.
No side will offer more than that, nor should we shop him around.

He will play out his days as a Bomber.
Letā€™s just hope he regains some of his one on one mojo.

4 Likes

And like many in this thread you forget Hurley is on big coin for 2019 - Itā€™s not that simple for any club to fit Hurleyā€™s wage under their salary cap.

Not that I would trade him, but there are clubs throwing around million dollar a season offers.

If a club wanted to make it happen they could. With the players rumoured to be going, the Suns would be one of those clubs.

People using fabric to mean something have fallen for corporate speak.

2 Likes

Fabric + 3rd round draft pick for May?

But our jumpers are made of some synthetic crap