Stolen puppies - at least one positive outcome!

One cute stolen puppy and upset child = outrage
Two cute stolen puppies and upset children = boring. I’ve heard this before?

The amount of retweets was in stark contrast too. 390 retweeted the first tweet I sent out.

About 30 retweeted the second one.

Is there such a thing as stolen puppy fatigue?

I’m just glad atleast one puppy is at home with their best friend, but it has been an interesting study in human attention span.

@BAAKKEERRRR, I’m so glad that your puppies have been returned! My girlfriend has acquainted herself with this forum over the last few days (as a guest) and posted some signs around our area. She’s over the moon that they’ve been returned.

@Catherine_Lio - I sincerely hope your friends puppies are returned!

3 Likes

wut in hird’s name are you on about.

1 Like

umm, you have an hour for the news these days. Surely stories like this are fine to be included later in the bulletin?

You are one strange dude Yaco.

1 Like

SImple: those stories have been covered/ are already being covered. People don’t focus on them as much as time goes on. This one is fresh, appeals to people basic human decency, pulls at the heartstrings and is something people can relate to.

Sometimes the news will cover stories people want to hear, not should hear.

The news is no longer just the news, they have to fill an hour, plus most major networks have two bulletins within a couple of hours.

It is part news, part current affair style reporting, part infomercial, part light hearted/youtube sensation story.

Some of these annoy me too (particularly ads dressed up as news stories), cause I think of how dumbed down things have become, but this story isn’t one of them.

Better than a lot of the BS that is designed to create fear and hatred in the community.

(The Apex gang is a good example of that)

2 Likes

I’d rather hear about a family being reuinted with a stolen family member than how ■■■■ the world is, even though we’re in the most peaceful period in history.

Read my whole post - It is in a small sound byte trying to look at the state of Australia today - How things that in my eyes which are not important, being over-amplified - Hence my reference to 120 million spent on SSM, the invented ‘Constitutional Crisis’ affecting our political representatives and future representatives and expressing surprise the stolen puppy ( even considering it was a small part of a robbery ) made a state news bulletin - By the way, I love puppies,not so much kittens

A man who understands the pain of not having a pet!!

1 Like

Is this the one? Good news if so
https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/37834652/stolen-dog-returned-after-vic-burglary/

6 Likes

This is fabulous news! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s not so much that a puppy story is great on its own… the point in this case was that there was adorable footage to show.

1 Like

Certainly is!
2 - nil for the good guys… (well kinda, considering non-puppy items are still missing…)

1 Like