Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

So pumped about stringer, have watch allot of dogs games over the last few year going with a mate. He is a beast, very much a ground ball player and relishes a bit of open space.

I reackon the dogs played him wrong trying to make him a FF. It just didn’t suit his attributes. HFF mid is where he will be best, have the ability to use his power/pace and long accurate kicking. He just isn’t a contested mark.

4 Likes

l heard he was thinking of becoming a barista.

2 Likes

Does Peter Donnegan still commentate? No nonsense decent commentator.

I have spent so much time in this thread the last two weeks… Honestly, I’m a bit lost now with trade week over…

That’s kind of sad.

1 Like

(Out of his) depth in 2018. Won’t figure massively in the F50 unless there are a ton of injuries, too many talented / classy / skillful players ahead of him now.

2 Likes

Because producers think people don’t want to understand or care about details. An award winning science journalist, who had won awards for his ability to explain science in lay terms, once told me that he was continually asked to “dumb down” his writing because editors are constantly worried that readers aren’t clever enough to understand it.

The real problem is the networks think we cant cope with silence. Its Ok during the tennis but apparently football followers wouldn’t know what to do if there was silence.
Drew Morphet (I think it was him) used to do it beautifully in the old days. Just used to say what was happening where the ball was and allowed people to both imagine (on radio) and watch (on TV)
Unfortunately those days have gone.
We now have endless amounts of puerile in jokes, talk for the sake of talking, calling each other by nick names, buddy buddy jokes. They are so unprofessional.
People wonder why its called a boys club!

10 Likes

I understand that sentiment, but football is hardly rocket science. l loved listening to Commetti and Bruce 20 years ago. Unfortunately Dennis is long gone and Bruce has become so dithering he has totally lost the ability to commentate. These days he is cringeworthy, as he can’t open his mouth to make a statement, without adding a tag question on the end, doesn’t he? He is embarrassing to listen to these days, isn’t he?

6 Likes

Bulldogs free agents 2018:
Luke Dahlhaus
Tom Liberatore
Dale Morris
Jordan Roughead
Mitch Wallis

:flushed:

Anyway, back on topic and because the EFC highlight reel was so underwhelming (guy gets ball, runs in straight line, kicks goal) here’s the video posted much earlier that launched ten thousand posts.

First minute and a half is pedestrian, but after that it’s one long freak show.

21 Likes

Do they come with a tablet press?

2 Likes

Damn, ever since someone on blitz said it I cannot unsee it, he wears his hair backwards.

Dustin Martin probably has a better tank, coming with his extra 3 or 4 years in the system, but seriously most of that you could see Martin or Dangerfield doing.

3 Likes

Wrapped I’m going to #donthesash in 2018 and cannot wait to kick half a dozen on ANZAC day and vs FCFC.

JAKE PINGA LID OFF 2018

7 Likes

give him #5

1 Like

We deserve this after the ■■■■ we have been through!

Yep, number 5 would fit well.

Only Joey would rival him for talent on our list.

1 Like

58 Likes

■■■■ already with the red and black colours. what a fkg gun

6 Likes

Would have been a very happy man when he got the news that he was traded to Essendon.

1 Like