Suit shopping

off the rack, bleh

hit up my boy oscar on sydney rd., $350 fully tailored 100% italian wool, unlimited choice on fabric and style, 3 week turnaround from scratch

cash only, tax free, wog style

or SE asia as incoming says. i don't wear a suit to work as my work won't allow it, only ever need them for work functions and weddings, but if a mate/relative is going to thailand, give them your measurements and you'll get something very good for sub $200

Where on Sydney Road?

Yes.
Where in Sydney rd?

From a female perspective, if you can get a tailored suit…do. Also if you’re going down the SE Asia route, get the shoes as well…while a well tailored suit hides a multitude of sins…shoes maketh the man :slight_smile:

if peeps are sill looking, im gonna try this site for my next suit. just really enjoying buying stuff online these days, bought dinner the other night, why cant i order a suit?

i can normally do off the rack, but ill get this one made to measure, plus they do full custom tailoring. you can get every conceivable option on the suit. have to think of something crazy to have embroidered into it

https://www.institchu.com/

thanks Nandoz for hooking me up with a tip to find his suit guy, ill suss that one out when im looking for a shwarma

Hi guys,

Thanks for the recommendation vooligan. I know this thread is a little old but we have just opened a brand new showroom in Melbourne. Our fully tailored suits start from $299 and we have the added advantage of the Perfect Fit Guarantee and all the after care service that you won’t find with a SE tailor. Come by and check us out: InStitchu.com/showrooms

What's a "suit"?

Sorta like a suet, but fabricier.

http://www.himarkmartintailors.com/home.php

What happened to Nandoz?

Go to Thailand. Get your dental work done at the same time and end up in front.

Hahaha.

I’ve just completed $2000 worth of dental work here in India (would’ve cost about $10k at home) and plan on getting a few suits before returning too!

So, wedding suits. Hire or buy?

Interesting you mention this as I have a wedding coming up where we have the same conundrum. We found that hiring is limited in options but cost wise is about $250-$500 for a decent suit. Buying a suit for a wedding can set you back $400- XXX depending on your budget.

In the end we decided that the groomsmen(I am one) would hire for about $285 and the groom would buy for about $500.

Comes down to colours and budgets. Some decent places at Lygon st if you’re in Melbs

Hmm… That’s not a bad idea Taj.

It’s for me and I have 4 groomsman, and I’d be lying if I said I budget wasn’t a massive concern.

Hmm... That's not a bad idea Taj.

It’s for me and I have 4 groomsman, and I’d be lying if I said I budget wasn’t a massive concern.

Firstly congratulations, secondly hiring is fine as long as the colour is what you want.

The groom in my case is only buying because he wants a slightly different dark blue to what we are wearing.

I’m in the same position arm. Getting married in January and trying to decide what to do. I don’t really mind how much I pay for mine (within reason) as I wear one for work.

The other guys don’t have jobs where you need a suit though. But hard in tassie with limited places to get them from!

On another note, just started watching the TV show suits - that alone has made me want to buy better suits and dress better!

What happened to Nandoz?

Gettin’ it touched = no Blitz.
Same as al & Mitch_fc

It seems weird that the part of their life that makes way for a relationship is this joint.

In the same boat.

Went to a shopping centre. Ms AP & I picked out suits. Organised with best man to confirm fit, walked in, and bought suits. Bout 15 minute forward scouting & 15 minutes for fitting= success

I think we paid <$300 each (which we covered, mind you I only have 1 best man). They were a ~$500, on sale for end of season sort of thing - chances are you’ve got time to sort things out & wait for the sales. Not super fantastic quality but not terrible, wool 120s.
Never pay sticker price.

And that was at Knox, Chaddie or Emporium in the city have a crapload more menswear = more options and generally better deals.

Looked at hire, was going to be $200-350 depending on options, and you’ve got a very limited range. This seemed a no brainer.

I’m in the same position arm. Getting married in January and trying to decide what to do. I don’t really mind how much I pay for mine (within reason) as I wear one for work.

The other guys don’t have jobs where you need a suit though. But hard in tassie with limited places to get them from!

On another note, just started watching the TV show suits - that alone has made me want to buy better suits and dress better!

You got Litt up!

Seriously might be worth all heading over to Melbs and hitting up some of the shopping centres. My wedding suit was $300 down from $500 sticker, but the last suit I got (another couple of weddings) was under $300, including shirt, down from about $800 sticker. And that’s a really nice suit, from a pretty good brand. Try and work out when the shops change their range, normally they do it at least twice a year. Savings can be bananas, and who really cares that it’s part of the summer-14 range??

Way we worked it out, bridal parties are paying for shirts and shoes (which we feel is fair enough, as they’ll wear them again), we cover suit+tie/dress.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the recommendation vooligan. I know this thread is a little old but we have just opened a brand new showroom in Melbourne. Our fully tailored suits start from $299 and we have the added advantage of the Perfect Fit Guarantee and all the after care service that you won’t find with a SE tailor. Come by and check us out: InStitchu.com/showrooms

Yeah, so i got one if your suits and it’s ‘ok’. I was moving interstate and didn’t take advantage of getting the suit adjusted once it arrived. Pants not perfect cut or fit, jacket is very good cut and fit.

Also the thing which i don’t like about it the most is the belt loops, they don’t sit flat against the belt like a shop bought suit, they hang out as they are quite thin and ‘cheap’ looking. So if you aren’t wearing a jacket, they look odd.

If you guys can fix the belt loops, and I can get around to getting the pants adjusted, then id probably consider getting another one.

The option to pimp up the suit and stitching is cool.

Hi guys,

Yeah, so i got one if your suits and it’s ‘ok’. I was moving interstate and didn’t take advantage of getting the suit adjusted once it arrived. Pants not perfect cut or fit, jacket is very good cut and fit.

Also the thing which i don’t like about it the most is the belt loops, they don’t sit flat against the belt like a shop bought suit, they hang out as they are quite thin and ‘cheap’ looking. So if you aren’t wearing a jacket, they look odd.

If you guys can fix the belt loops, and I can get around to getting the pants adjusted, then id probably consider getting another one.

The option to pimp up the suit and stitching is cool.

We can definitely help you out. Send through an email to contact at institchu dot com and we’ll arrange a time for you to come in and get it all sorted out. Just mention this thread in the email

In the same boat.

Went to a shopping centre. Ms AP & I picked out suits. Organised with best man to confirm fit, walked in, and bought suits. Bout 15 minute forward scouting & 15 minutes for fitting= success

I think we paid <$300 each (which we covered, mind you I only have 1 best man). They were a ~$500, on sale for end of season sort of thing - chances are you’ve got time to sort things out & wait for the sales. Not super fantastic quality but not terrible, wool 120s.
Never pay sticker price.

And that was at Knox, Chaddie or Emporium in the city have a crapload more menswear = more options and generally better deals.

Looked at hire, was going to be $200-350 depending on options, and you’ve got a very limited range. This seemed a no brainer.

Yeah, it’s starting to look like the better option. I’m paying for all them, so at least buying them means the money spent is actually a present.

When’s your day HAP?

Go to Lygon street