Suit shopping

And congratulations Grooms!

As the saying goes, only one thing looks cheaper than a rented suit.

As the saying goes, only one thing looks cheaper than a rented suit.

A bought suit?

Sweat actually cleans this suit!

This website rules, just gotta get your sizing right. 

https://www.institchu.com/

This website rules, just gotta get your sizing right. 

https://www.institchu.com/

That sounds like a rude word in italian.

Go to Thailand. Get your dental work done at the same time and end up in front.

I’m aiming to do just that shortly. Never thought to avail myself of the blitz knowledge base on the subject, but would be pleased to hear if anyone has any recommendations & or avoid at all costs advisories on surgeries/dentists over there?

Go to Lygon street
Just try paying for 6 bespoke suits and organising 6 people to rock up for alterations etc. So not worth it!
So, wedding suits. Hire or buy?
In the same boat.

Went to a shopping centre. Ms AP & I picked out suits. Organised with best man to confirm fit, walked in, and bought suits. Bout 15 minute forward scouting & 15 minutes for fitting= success

I think we paid <$300 each (which we covered, mind you I only have 1 best man). They were a ~$500, on sale for end of season sort of thing - chances are you’ve got time to sort things out & wait for the sales. Not super fantastic quality but not terrible, wool 120s.
Never pay sticker price.

And that was at Knox, Chaddie or Emporium in the city have a crapload more menswear = more options and generally better deals.

Looked at hire, was going to be $200-350 depending on options, and you’ve got a very limited range. This seemed a no brainer.

Yeah, it’s starting to look like the better option. I’m paying for all them, so at least buying them means the money spent is actually a present.

When’s your day HAP?

End of Jan next year.
But we organised suits a couple of months back. We were tossing up on hire v buy, then saw the ridunkulous sales come up.
Go to Lygon street
Just try paying for 6 bespoke suits and organising 6 people to rock up for alterations etc. So not worth it!

It’s funny you bring this up. We’re in a similar pickle with one groomsmen in sydney and the other in Brisbane. Fortunately the bucks night is in Melbourne so we have a suiting up seesh booked in. I can understand how this can be quite hard though .

What sort of $$$ you going to end up spending Taj?

What sort of $$$ you going to end up spending Taj?

I’m not the groom in this case just one of the groomsmen, however with suit hire(3 piece) it will be about $280. And then I will have to purchase a shirt and tie which would set me back another $100-$150.

The groom is buying a suit for about $500.

What's a "suit"?

Sorta like a suet, but fabricier.

Oh Boot!! - you kill me :slight_smile:

Surgery/Dentist, huh.

If your budget allows go to Soho Workshop, they will look after you. Recently changed management.

Did a good deal for my wedding coming up of 4 suits in total, figured I would buy for the guys instead of hire. Figured its a much nicer gesture and they can use for work.

Henry Bucks Outlet Store 32 Cromwell St, Collingwood
My son got a $1200 for $500.

In the same boat.

Went to a shopping centre. Ms AP & I picked out suits. Organised with best man to confirm fit, walked in, and bought suits. Bout 15 minute forward scouting & 15 minutes for fitting= success

I think we paid <$300 each (which we covered, mind you I only have 1 best man). They were a ~$500, on sale for end of season sort of thing - chances are you’ve got time to sort things out & wait for the sales. Not super fantastic quality but not terrible, wool 120s.
Never pay sticker price.

And that was at Knox, Chaddie or Emporium in the city have a crapload more menswear = more options and generally better deals.

Looked at hire, was going to be $200-350 depending on options, and you’ve got a very limited range. This seemed a no brainer.

So I went to knox to have a squiz, saw some end of season sales, and got myself a pretty mint suit for $300. Hire was going to be the same price, for a much shittier suit.

Good advice HAP…

In the same boat.

Never pay sticker price.

So I went to knox to have a squiz, saw some end of season sales, and got myself a pretty mint suit for $300. Hire was going to be the same price, for a much shittier suit.

Good advice HAP…

Make the cheque out to "PILLS FASHIONS AND PERSONAL STYLIN"

Wtf is a cheque?

Also if you’re after a specific colour tie there’s a joint on the bottom level near Myers (woodstock I think it’s called) who have literally got 2 x 50 page books of samples you can get ordered in.

In all my nupitals, always hired a suit in case I didn’t ever want to be reminded of the day in the future. Always bought new ties though, so I could either garrote the ex if needed, or neck myself if also needed.

I always enjoyed the wedding and the party, and even a honey moon or two, but it seems to go downhill very quickly after that. After so many times, I just have to conclude it is either me or I am a very poor judge.