Supercoach 2021

I’ve changed my team 3 times already in the past 2 days so I’m not going to bother posting mine😂

3 Likes

Browns already in trouble with his knee isn’t he?

2 Likes

I’ll change mine about 1000000 times in the next week. Went through and just picked a bunch who I thought were a decent price, but haven’t done any numbers or planning.

Will be interesting who survives from that first look. Suspect Cripps and Grundy may be the only ones.

What are people thinking with rucks? Lock in Fawn and Grundy? One of them? Neither of them? Draper at R2, R3? Josh Treacey a lock for everyone?

Lock in both and treacy r3.
The combined price of gawn and grundy is cheaper than it was at the start of last season.
Have thought about Gawn/Draper though. Just would like to see how draper goes that practice match and hopefully get a gauge on how he goes. I see draper being gawnlike when he’s older. He’s still very young and may not be supercoach premium untill a year or 2 but if he pumps out 90s easily then making money on him is a given. I just prefer not to waste 1-2 trades to get grundy in if I dont start with him. Out of hub life he will go back to being a jet scorewise. Last year he still even averaged 120.

I dont rate the preuss pick due to Mumford still being there

Preuss will play every game, he’s got old man Mummy covered.

1 Like

That’s my feeling too. Mumford solely as a injury backup. I think we’re more likely to rest Draper for Phillips.

2 Likes

My first thought was that I needed Draper and he’d make sense at R3 if I had Grundy and a slightly cheaper R2 (for eg English), but then I got to the forwards and I like a few of the R/F options, and having Draper taking 200k extra to sit on the bench probably doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Might still gamble against Gawn in the first month pending pre season form. Treacey at R3, and a R/F (Marshall, Ladhams, etc) in the forward line.

There’s no reality where Gawn and Grundy aren’t #1 and #2 ruck, can be impossible to chase their price to get them in down the track. Them and Lloyd the biggest locks season after season for me

2 Likes

I’d be keen to join if a league gets posted.

Grundy and Draper are my 2 rucks right now.

But plenty of time for so many more changes.

Also agree on the comments re too many EFC players in your squad. You need a variety of players from most of the clubs. If you want EFC players, try to limit to 1 per line

Gawn needs one bad game and his price tumbles.

Pick Draper or Pruess and Pick up Gawn when his price drops off.

Also here’s my last season flex, at least joes groins had a good season on SC

6 Likes

I’ve got myself in the position over the years of refusing to take Lloyd as I don’t rate him as a footballer, and I convince myself that I’m a principled supercoach player. Of course I’m not a principled supercoach player, but for some reason Lloyd always puts me off.

1 Like

Still wasting a trade and possibly 200 points in just 2-4 weeks, also factor in the VC loop and captain options.

Also depends what you want more, H2H league or overall ranking.

1 Like

I don’t think he cares about winning, just finding the footy which is good for SuperCoach I guess hahah

1 Like

I’ll have a team together soon and will join a league with a spot available

It’s so easy in theory, can be the death of your season if Gawn just averages 130+. Might aswell just save the trades you’d have to do and start him imo

Yeah you don’t want that at all him on the bench. I have Marshall in the fwd just incase gawn or grundy were a late out/injured for a week can swing via treacy DPP

1 Like

Also save you 450K you may spend elsewhere and make up those points.

It basically a trading game. Sell high, buy low.

If Pruess gets to $450 + and Gawn drops to 650K (which he will at some stage) that will be a win.

Like mentioned not worth the 1-2 trades you need to do to get him back in. Thing is gawn wont drop much even if he has a bad game either
Chasing points remember!
He went under 100 twice last season with a 93 & 87 and still barely dropped too much. Even if he gets a 50 which is un heard of he will still come out and score 130-170 over the next month to barely make his money drop anyway and will make his breakeven Not worth the risk IMO.

He could be on 25 at halftime then finish off on 130 he’s just that good for supercoach scoring

Best scoring defender lock every day of the week even at his price
I used to be the same when I got him last year I couldn’t believe I didn’t do it earlier

1 Like