Supercoach 2021

You still need to have 200k spare and if you don’t then its another trade again. Treat trades like gold!

30 should be plenty for a fully upgraded side.

But we all have our own strategies. That’s what makes it fun!

1 Like

It’s going to take a readjustment after last year’s “just keep trading” mindset.

1 Like

Of course. Plus we go back to the old way, prices go up after 3 games not 2. We have 30 trades no extra and we have 3 bye weeks to use 3 trades during those weeks if needed

1 Like

I cannot pick Gawn at that price. He’s literally Maxed out. I have Dees losing 3 of their first four games, although he’ll still score well I reckon you’ll be able to pick him up for at least 100k cheaper at some point.

Are you picking Neale?

I’m resistant to, think he’ll drop in price significantly at some point too. There is obvious cash to be made with some of the alternate ruck options too. Risking the same on a 300k mid is much harder to pull off.

2 Likes

I respect the play and maybe if I had more confidence/excitement in the rucks that are being talked as stepping stones to the mighty ruck king gawn I’d be more keen on it. But yeah just so easy to just pay up for him at the start and never have to worry about it

3 Likes

Which has worked out well for a few years now, but at some point one of these guys will cop an injury. Obviously you don’t build your team expecting an injury, but the “never have to worry” bit is not guaranteed.

1 Like

Neale’s an odd one, as his early season scoring has been off the charts the last 2 years, but he’s reverted a bit in the 2nd half of the year. It’s like you have to take him at that price or just put a line through him for the entire season.

Is that because he’s like a deer in headlights in front of goal?

1 Like

Definitely limit the amount of injury prone players you pick. This season has something new to think about which is whos likely to get concussed… with the new protocols that will play a big factor in our teams this season. like most injuries its just impossible to anticipate tho

1 Like

To keep his price he needs to average more than anyones ever averaged before.
He did at one stage hit 790K last season before slipping to 690K.

It might actually be worth waiting to see the draw and see how he historically plays. If he is against rucks he battles against, then it may be worth waiting until his price drops.

1 Like

You need a plan though. If you’re going to do that you’d want to keep some spare cash and identify how and when you will go (say) Preuss to Gawn.

1 Like

DON’T BE REACTIVE. STICK TO THE PLAN.

Don’t mind me, I’m just giving myself advice.

6 Likes

You need more Essendon players in there.

Yeaah no doubt he will come down in price but… will max gawn be a top 2 ruck at seasons end ? (pretty likely) daylight 3rd
more importantly if you’re hoping Preuss can get to a price where it’ll be easy to trade up to gawn I just dont have confidence in that he has averaged 2017 63.1points 2019 67.4points 2020 62.7 points (tonned up twice in his career)
to be fair always the second fiddle but its hardly been inspiring enough to think he could even be a 550k ruck
so by the time you have money from cash cows and preuss’ price has gone up Gawn could have dropped 100k and gone back up to about 700k and is just 2 trades away from being in your team

even thinking about it is exhausting me

I give you 1 week.

By Week 2 there will be a 3 rookies that you missed
including one who has scored 140 in week 1, and you will feel the need to go early to make sure you get them all.

Of course the one you go early on in week 2, with the 140 under their belt, will be a late withdrawl in week 2, giving you an unexpected donut, will be named in week 3, but pull up sore, (but with 70 points will be due a big price rise in his next match), and will be general soreness for the next 2 weeks. Then it’s week 6 and you’ll have spotfires everywhere and can’t deal with it. He’ll be named as an emergency the week before his bye, and through the bye rounds before they finally announce that he’s got OP in Rd 17 when you have no trades left.

1 Like

if you think preuss or someone else can take the leap then by all means back yourself tho. Another good thing about gawn is he’s a captain option every week which is worth its weight in gold

1 Like

Lukosius @ 430k hmmm, big ceiling but can he raise that floor?

Ziebell, Joe, Caldwell?

Cahill @ 161k seems a real shout now also