Sydney's Forward Line

Nob

He’s been emergency and close to playing the last few weeks I’m sure we will give him a crack, he can even slot in the forward line for a bit? I rather Goddard in the forward line as well just to help out carlise

Swans will be off a 6 day break from a slugfest with whorefawn

Might work to our advantage somewhat

Who gives a sht about their forward line? I'd be far more worried about containing their midfield.

Who gives a sht about their forward line? I'd be far more worried about containing their midfield.

is hannebury going to be available?

myers - kennedy

hocking - hannebury

heppel - mcveigh

stanton - jack

zaha - bird

howlett - parker

I'd love Stein to get a go, but who would he realistically be able to match up on in the Sydney forwardline ?
Tippett.......nah, not big enough.
Buddy......LOL, that wouldn't be very nice in your first game.
Sam Reid.....still probably too tall and strong overhead.
Goodes......possibly
If he came in, he'd probably have to play forward, as the match ups should be......
Tippett/Hooker
Buddy/Hurley
Reid/Fletch
Goodes/Goddard

Looks better, IMHO.

Still need to bring in another tall, to play forward and/or ruck (or release Carlisle to the ruck)

At some point we have to test ourselves against the best. Melks will probably be back in the mix whether picked or not - otherwise business as usual. Midfield has been playing pretty well the last 6-8 weeks.

possible line ups if shaw and hannebury are available

rampe grundy laidler

chappy carlisle ambrose

shaw richards smith

colyer hurley BJ

malceski kennedy jack

stanton Myers Zaha

pike hannebury mcveigh

Ryder Hocking Hepp

Parker Franklin Bird

Licha Hooker Demps

Reid Tippet Mcglyn

Berg Fletch Bags

Jetta, goodes, cunningham --- rohan

zerret, Pig, howlett --- dell

If Stein was to come in I’d expect they’d play him fwd over moving Hurls from defence. Stability of our defense has been a strength.

ill be very disappointed if they dont pick up the looseman that the swans sit consistently behind any  stoppage.......mc veigh mcleski shaw have to be manned up to stop the run out the back!

If Stein was to come in I'd expect they'd play him fwd over moving Hurls from defence. Stability of our defense has been a strength.

i would sooner bring hardy in if we were do go down that path.

i understand it would be a massive gamble moving hurls fwd but i think we need the genuine 2nd tall option up fwd and need to avoid unsettling the defence through out the game by rotating key defenders out to go fwd and through the ruck. it nearly cost us the game on sunday and if anything having 2 genuine marking options will be even more important against the swans.

the other option would be to bring in hardy, play him fwd and then swap him and hurls every so often when ryder needs a spell and put carlisle into the ruck.

i like the berg option because he can quarterback a bit like hurely and is a similar type of contested player to hurls so would upset the balance a little less.

what ever you do you are making the best of a bad situation but ideally we need to avoid what happened on sunday and the best way to do that imo would be to just lock hurely in as a fwd as early as possible.

Indeed the only reason he wasn't moved on sunday was because he had a good hold of crameri so they thought trying fletch fwd and hooker fwd/ruck would throw us out less. as it transpired they probably kicked 9 or 10 of their 14 goals while we were farken around with our set up and trying things up fwd or rotating ryder. it was the most dis-stabilized the side had been for months and it showed.

ill be very disappointed if they dont pick up the looseman that the swans sit consistently behind any  stoppage.......mc veigh mcleski shaw have to be manned up to stop the run out the back!

loose men always kill us. i think as a general rule we should always actively deny the opposition loose men unless we are well in control of the game or trying to protect a lead in the dying moments.

Which is why Stein in the fwd line is problematic. Too much of a Scania against a nimble back 6.

Agree with Ivan, letting the Swans have a loose man on that Miniature excuse for a football oval would be a nightmare.

I'd prefer Hooker on Buddy, but if Tippett plays, that's not really possible unless Fletch has a crack at him.
We need an extra tall, whether that's Pears, Stein or Thurlow remains to be seen. But one will play. Surely.

hooker - buddy
fletch - tippett
berg - reid
pig - goodes
bags - mcglyn
licha/demps - parker/jack

A tall, stand-and-spoil match up like Tippett might be one of the few match ups Fletch still has in him.
Back him in.

I reckon that is about right. Hurley down forward and if one of the match ups doesn't work switch Stein and Hurley.

They need two for buddy he needs to be double teamed

Think its all much of a muchness regards defensive matchups. If we win it’ll be because our tall defenders are setting up a zone sixty out from goal to keep the ball in our forward fifty. We need to win in the middle and keep it forward. If they’re winning in the middle it won’t matter who our third or fourth tall defender is.

If Stein was to come in I'd expect they'd play him fwd over moving Hurls from defence. Stability of our defense has been a strength.

i would sooner bring hardy in if we were do go down that path.

i understand it would be a massive gamble moving hurls fwd but i think we need the genuine 2nd tall option up fwd and need to avoid unsettling the defence through out the game by rotating key defenders out to go fwd and through the ruck. it nearly cost us the game on sunday and if anything having 2 genuine marking options will be even more important against the swans.

the other option would be to bring in hardy, play him fwd and then swap him and hurls every so often when ryder needs a spell and put carlisle into the ruck.

i like the berg option because he can quarterback a bit like hurely and is a similar type of contested player to hurls so would upset the balance a little less.

what ever you do you are making the best of a bad situation but ideally we need to avoid what happened on sunday and the best way to do that imo would be to just lock hurely in as a fwd as early as possible.

Indeed the only reason he wasn't moved on sunday was because he had a good hold of crameri so they thought trying fletch fwd and hooker fwd/ruck would throw us out less. as it transpired they probably kicked 9 or 10 of their 14 goals while we were farken around with our set up and trying things up fwd or rotating ryder. it was the most dis-stabilized the side had been for months and it showed.

Agree,  PLUS Hibbo and Bags down,  Fletch bad matchup,  moving defenders around too much.  Backline is not used to Sheeds style chopping and changing . One minute Hooker down forward then Fletch jeez.

Select a tall forward to pinch hit in the ruck.     Jake or Ambrose.  Not Jake  Ambrose has to do a "crash"course in ruck.....and learn not to give away frees.  Hes as hard as nails.  Chips are down  In that department.

They need two for buddy he needs to be double teamed

Hard to double team a CHF outside 50.  Wears 2 of our players out.

Such a vital game, we can almost notch up a top 8 spot if we beat Sydney and people are talking about bringing in hardy, stein and pears? Two havent even played a game this year! Hardy might be a outside chance but fk me, pears and stein? Lol. Can jusy imagine one of them on tippett/reid/buddy
How bad is howlett's ankle? Minimal changes to the side, melksham comes back in for howlett/jackson merrett and thats about it. Dell full game to provide another scoring option.

perhaps you didn't notice but against the dogs we had significant structural issues which nearly costs us the game. we were a tall short up fwd and rotated ryder with hooker and ambrose.
we are going to have to roll the dice at selection and take a risk with somebody who can go some way to fixing the problems the side experience on sunday.
obviously it is less than ideal but we will have to make do.
Thats only because there was no matchup for fletch.
Hooker - buddy
Fletcher -tippett
Hurley - reid/goodes
Hibbo could probably play on goodes too I reckon

This, the back 6 has been great all year, why fark with that against the number 1 team in the comp?

I think Myers needs to play a more goal scoring mid role this game, it's the SCG to anywhere forward of the centre line is within range for him.  Hoof it son!

This, the back 6 has been great all year, why fark with that against the number 1 team in the comp?

I think Myers needs to play a more goal scoring mid role this game, it's the SCG to anywhere forward of the centre line is within range for him.  Hoof it son!

From Clunkfest to Hooffest!