Tac/u18 Thread

Ah, that’s fixed it. Thanks. Lucky I’m not paid to write web apps or anything like that, that would have been really embarrassing.

2 Likes

Adding Luke Davies-Uniake to the list of players perfect for Bombers (Rayner, and D.Foggarty)…so pretty much any midfielder discussed around pick 1…

1 Like

Most useless physical description of a player in this game: that guy with the long blond hair.

How’d Rayner going? At the vfl

Just took a great contested leading mark and kicked the 40m goal from the boundary line set shot.

link?

Just kicked a 45m goal on the run, after missing a similar shot about 30s earlier.

1 Like

Jeez I hope they put up an replay for this one. For those of us with crap internet, this streaming thing is utterly useless…

1 Like

I’m about 95% sure Myers for Country is just Leigh Montagna in a rasta wig.

1 Like

Half time, @barnz’ boy 12 possessions 3.1

Agree he’s exactly what we need. Power, speed, mongrel.

SEND IN THE TANK

Seems like a lot of the top talent this year are big midfielders. Of course.

Edit: no, this isn’t a dig at McGrath. Calm down.

1 Like

Apparently in the U18s they actually pay free kicks if you infringe sheparding through a goal. Weird.

Update?

Not much from Rayner that quarter, not sure if he even touched it (probably did). Big quarter from Parish.

I assume the video will be available later on the AFL site, so I recommend watching it rather than paying attention to me, but anyway.

First up on the top players: Davies-Uniacke and Rayner were both impressive in the first half then went awol. I think Rayner was playing deep forward a fair bit in the second half. Higgins is McGrath, except nobody’s pretending he’s not 178cm.

Players who caught my eye, rather than bests. I wasn’t really paying much attention to the talls, mostly watching mids

Worpel - seems like a well rounded midfielder. Good size, decent speed, can play in close but doesn’t look confused in the open. Exactly the kind of player I’d like us to draft half a dozen of. Terrible facial hair.
Joel Garner - not that Joel Garner. Got a mountain of the ball, and is good wiith it, but seems to be a very half backy half back.
Parish - his kicking was both quite effective and also ugly and floaty. Wouldn’t object to having him on the list though if he’s a late pick type, good hands in tight
Constable - big tall inside midfielder, got a lot of the ball and did good things with it. Doesn’t seem slow for that type of player, which is nice.
Clark - thought he was good but realised late I was also confusing him with Handley, so maybe less impressive

Edit: please note I generally try to watch the games with the commentary off to not just repeat what they say, so I’ve probably missed some guys who were really good.

6 Likes

Always good to see others’ perspectives with this sort of thing. especially when you don’t know who everyone is.

Higgins BOG for mine.

1 Like

Any idea if its anywhere?