Tac/u18 Thread

Not to mention Zerret.

Shannon Hurn and George Horlin-Smith were both underage Australian reps. I think GHS was even the u/17 captain?

I think Sutherland will ensure this never happens again. Breaking into the Australian team is near impossible till mid twenties, and even then not being from NSW will go against him. When all his mates are earning 250+ And becoming house hold names whilst he is slogging it out at the SCG in front of 50 people he will regret his decision. Problem is by then itā€™s too late, he has missed the development and will not be able to catch up.

1 Like

What was Whitfield good at?

Pingas, glowsticks, revolvers guests lists.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve just figured out who Worpel reminds me of: Tex Walker. But a midfield version of course.

Part of it is probably the styling of his head.

But I think he also moves a bit like Tex. Perhaps the way he prepares to kick.

Anyway, too bad he lacks Texā€™s polish in kicking.

Potential #1 pick (before carnival) out for season with upcoming knee surgery.

The slider we dreamed of?

and @Humble_Minion favourite partington to debut this week for weags.

1 Like

Looks like Darcy Fogarty has a serious degenerative knee condition.

''Oā€™Meara 2.0" apparentlyā€¦

Will watch with interest. The Weagles have picked up a few of my later-round favourites in recent years, him and Tom Cole. Weā€™ll see what my judgement turns out to be worthā€¦

1 Like

Was planning to see Calder vs Oakleigh this morning, but miniFletch isnā€™t playing this week and itā€™s blowing a howling gale out there so skills will be crap. Going to the gym insteadā€¦

1 Like

Saw that 25 or so Vic Country players were invited to the combine but Cassidy Parish wasnā€™t one of them. I know there were big knocks on his kicking but thought there was a lot of talk last year that he was shaping up to be better than Darcy. Was that just usual blitz talk, or was that a wider held view and heā€™s really dropped off due to his kicking this year?

If there was that talk, it was uninformed.

Kicking was identified as a big issue for him last year. My opinion (and that of many others) was that he needed to fix it to be a shot at anything other than being a late-round smokey. But this year his kicking does not seem to have progressed much.

3 Likes

It was one poster relaying something from a coach in the middle of nowhere.

So as far as Blitz goes, pretty solid info.

1 Like

It was me relaying something that was told to a neighbour by the president of Winchelsea. I told him that Iā€™d heard his kicking was very ordinary.

Heard that we have met with Easternā€™s Dylan Moore recently, maybe Bewick had something to do with it. Surprised Eastern havenā€™t gone better given the depth of talent out there. Sam Hayes will obviously go pretty high but 5-6 others a chance too from what Iā€™m told. Names such as Jordan Lynch, Cody Hirst also will be talked about leading into the draft.

Keep an eye out for Tom North. Kid is a gun & Iā€™d love to get him to the Bombers. Heā€™s a big bodied mid who wins his own ball but can be damaging outside too, kicks beautiful long, running goals. Loves the hard stuff too, tackles with purpose. Still working on the defensive side of his game though, needs to improve his defensive running. Not sure if learned TAC Cup watchers such as HM can add but heā€™s one to keep an eye on.

6 Likes

Any thoughts on how we could use Moore in our senior team? Like whose position he could take?

Interesting. Iā€™m told heā€™s quite small but really footy smart, similar to Caleb Daniel. He won AA honours at the carnival. Heā€™s playing well at Eastern and Caulfield Grammar when he plays with an Eastern teammate in Trent Mynott. Heā€™s predominantly a midfielder but is proficient as a forward as well. Eastern have been impressed with his speed and endurance but most of all his will to win.

1 Like

Cody Hirst is in next years draft. Iā€™ll be at the Eastern game on Sunday so I can give some notes on some players

Also Dodoro did meet with Moore and he has also met with another Eastern player