Tac/u18 Thread

Ha! I hadn’t read those. Guess my sneaky pick has been thoroughly pre-empted… :frowning:

2 Likes

Haha yup.
Knightmare didn’t have him ranked in his June rankings, but by July he had him 2nd and 2nd again in August.
Must have been an exceptional stretch of games!

It’s a shame too, his ‘Strengths’ seem exactly what we need:
“First possession winner at coalface
Stoppage work
Burst out of stoppages at speed”

Hard to tell on his speed. It wasn’t a huge feature of his game or anything, but he didn’t look slow either. I’d like to see him play a bit more before making a call on his kicking too, it seemed alright, but after getting it wrong on Ashby i always try to judge blokes more on the hard kicks they take rather than the easy ones, and a bloke who only takes easy ones is a red flag for a bloke who has no faith in his own kicking (maybe for good reason). Not saying Thompson is of this type - it was a day to go conservative with kicking cos the wind was all over the place, and anyway Oakleigh had spare players everywhere and he rarely had to choose a difficult option. But I’d want to see more of him regardless. Suspect the main knock on him might be a bit of vanillaness - good at everything at TAC level, but what’s his AFL-level weapon when he steps up? I’d want to see more of him, and in a more competitive game, before answering that question.

Bit of the Mutch about him, now I think about it.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll pencil him into my “midfielders we could draft who could come in to cover an injury without destroying team balance, even if they are a bit vanilla” list.

I notice in that Dodoro interview today Wallet said he had Dow a good chance to go number 1.
Must be a bl00dy high radar for him to be flying under it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Matthew Rowell is a 16 year old for Oakleigh. Very highly rated young player has played awesome for Carey Grammar with Charlie Thomson and Ed Richards.

I’ve seen Thompson numerous times this year he hasn’t had a bad game and he is the captain of Carey Grammar he is a terrific leader

2 Likes

Paddy Dow has been high on clubs radars all year and has been top 10 for me all year. Norf had a dozen recruiters come out just to watch him a few weeks ago

Wow, Rowell is only 16? He’s seriously going to be one to watch in his draft year.

2 Likes

Yep and funny enough he has a teammate that also plays for Carey and Oakeligh who looks even better. Keep your eyes open for Noah Anderson, was a potential Hawks f/s if his old man played 12 more games. The kid plays midfield and he is 188cm already

Some footage of Rowell and Anderson. Also Emerson Jeka who looks to be the best key forward for the 2019 draft he is already 196cm

4 Likes

The face of a dead set fc player, amirite?

1 Like

Toby greene 2.0

WANT

1 Like

Big unit

Just got done watching the Calder vs Western Jets game on YouTube. Mason Fletcher with perhaps his best game of the year, the similarities to his old man are scary. Noah Balta was good he is an athletic freak and I’ve heard we are very keen. Parish type midfielder Lachlan Fogarty kicked 3 goals in a classy display.

I’ll be going to Geelong vs Dandenong tomorrow so I’ll be on Cassidy Parish watch, his last month has been sensational and doing his draft chances no harm

4 Likes

In all seriousness, hasn’t Balta played his best games as an intercepting half back?

Nah the total opposite he has looked best playing key forward and rotating in the ruck

1 Like

I heard that that the Cannons were ‘encouraged’ by the AFL and club recruiters to trial him back early in the year, but he wasn’t doing well there and Calder weren’t winning games,

2 Likes

wasn’;t he being talked up as a potential top 5 pick earlier on?

what happened?

I think your thinking of Darcy Fogarty. Lachlan Fogarty has always been in the 15-25 range all year

I thought they both were.

I’ve seen a bit of darcy and he was underwhelming.