Tac/u18 Thread

I’d like to see:
Constable < if not O’brien looks like a young ramanauskas with elite footskills.
Small forward
Small forward
Parish
Boyse
Hind

Why the small forwards? Isn’t it defenders we need after midfielders?

If we can’t pick up any decent mids trading, I’m hoping we try and trade down into the top 5 picks. (I.e player + pick 11 type deal).
Getting a crack at LDU, Rayner, Dow, Cerra, or Fogarty as those top-end inside midfield types.
Think Fremantle, and maybe Carlton, could be open to trading. If Freos most pressing need is a KPP, pick 11 could still get them one of their first choice Talls.

HIGGINS!!!

To let raz and walla work up the ground more would be my guess. i’m against it though. we need gun mids and insurance for talls in the next 3 years.

my picks
Pick 11 Tall Forward - Schache If go to Draft - Angus Brayshaw
Second Round - Inside Mid Worpel
Third Rounder - Inside Mid - Parish
Fourth Rounder x facor - Liam Ryan
Rookie - small defender Hind
Rookie - ruckman
Next years first rounder Outside Mid - Gaff

interesting

Not really interesting unless we have a time machine and a cure for concussion

3 Likes

Why do you think the TVSC is so expensive?

The good brayshaw in the draft :wink:, not the concussion one

Just watched the TAC cup GF tape, and it was my first real look at a few names talked about in here as possible players for us to draft.
I am of course only going on one game, so no doubt I could have an exaggerated good or bad impression, and I bow to those who have watched a lot of these guys.
Parish I wouldn’t draft. Worpel the same. Both are strong and win lots of ball in close, Neither of them has much idea of how to use the ball well. Parish by hand is ok, but just. A few times he just handballed in hope, and he seemed to lack the vision you need to play the inside distributor role well. I didn’t think his kicking was all that technically bad, but he was very ineffective by foot. Worpel I don’t think tried to place the ball to anyone’s advantage even once for the whole game.
Both the Brayshaws looked pretty good. Not sure whether Hamish being older means a lot. He looked pretty comparable to his brother, so could be a reasonable pick with our second.
Constable didn’t play as a mid. The commentators mentioned a groin injury, so that could be why. He looked a good player when he got the ball, but he was relatively quiet.
I didn’t think Ling was impressive at all as a running backman. His kicking, supposedly his strong point, was ordinary.
A few others were impressive, especially a few bottom agers. Walsh was very good. I thought McLean looked ok as a tall forward. McHenry also was clean and won contests repeatedly and showed good skills.
And Bayley Smith was very promising given he is only 16.

It’s the way the game is going all about forward pressure these days. We have a tonne of defenders already, more than just about any other list. I’m counting all the half backs we have drafted and tried turning into mids.

Think Raz kicking 4 each week is too valuable to be shifting to the middle, is under sized anyway. Would rather give him a licence to do whatever he needs to do to kick 3 or 4 every week. Couldn’t imagine the Crows putting Betts on the ball. Same thing goes for Tippa.

We need NEW on-ballers NOT small forwards !!

3 Likes

I agree, just trying to translate the intent behind the post.

im all

MIDS
MIDS
MIDS

and a tall

Yeap…need a basketballer that loves to get dirty

That was perhaps Lings worst game, I’ve never seen him kick so bad in a game

Smith is a jet I watched him play as a high half Forward in school footy and he was like Robbie Gray. He has spent most of his time at Sandringham in defence and he has been a ball magnet back there. If he was in this draft he would be top 10.

Agreed, and you could talk me around to replacing the tall with a mid.

I reckon nows the time to get a PROJECT tall.

hooker and hurls have what? 4 and 5 years respectively?

I’ve got no issue with taking a tall, especially a forward, I’m just saying that if the pick comes up and there’s a mid we like I wouldn’t come out of the draft saying “but what about the taaaaaaalllllls?” If nothing else it would be a nice change of scenery to have a strong midfield and not enough talls in a few years.

I reckon with your last pick of the national draft/rookie draft it doesn’t matter too much.