Tac/u18 Thread

Yep before the academy’s

Just post the links in individual posts.

Anyone who wants to see some potential Essendon mids including gun Sam Walsh can watch the livestream tomorrow from 10:30am

Are there any Sam Powell Pepper types coming through this year? Love watching him play, tough & hard, aggression at the ball & man, loves the contest. Exactly the player we need IMO.

Theres this under appreciated guy in the wafl called SCHLOITHE. wsphu

Xavier O’Halloran might be your man, was named captain of Vic Metro. Although on the smaller side Tom Lewis is hard as a cats head a midfidler for SA

He would have been a great get for us.

You’re not wrong there! Great to watch the vigor he plays with. Would lift everyone’s intensity IMO. Has played the same way since his first AFL game.

Walsh BOG for Vic Country with 31 disposals and 6 clearances. Another mid for the Allies was also good with 28 and 2 goals that being Chayce Jones

Watched Rankine in the SANFL yesterday against Norwood and for as good as he was in the first half he was equally as poor in the second due to his undisciplined acts. Looked to be the one who would carry West to victory at times yesterday but gave away plenty of dumb free kicks including having 2 West shots for goal reversed in the dying minutes for his acts. Norwood won by 1 point in the end and his lack of discipline cost them the game. Speaking to a couple of West officials afterwards and they are concerned for him as he is making a few wrong lifestyle choices ATM and it could really make him slip come draft time

Attitude has always been an issue both on and off the field, on talent he is top 5 no question but I can’t see any club outside of Adelaide looking at him in the top 10

Who’s this Rowbottom kid?

Inside mid with a good mix of speed and aggression, I really like him and Lloydy even brought him up on Future Stars today

I did all the notes on the Country players

Jack Bytel returns from injury for Vic Metro this week, Riley Collier-Dawkins will be rotated out for him. Next Sunday both Country and Metro will play each other at the MCG in a curtain raiser to Collingwood vs Carlton

Seems the sort we need. How damaging is he with ball in hand? skills and scoreboard impact.

Where do you think he is likely to end up draft wise? 15-30?

He doesn’t hit the scoreboard all that often since he is rotated at HB a lot although he does kick goals at school footy. He has clean hands at the stoppages and often hits a good quick handball in congestion. His kicking is solid I’d say similar to Parish in his draft year, Parish’s kicking now isn’t as good as it was when he was drafted so hopefully that won’t be the case for Rowbottom.

Much like Bytel I rate him higher than most, I’ve heard clubs have him 30+ and even rookie which surprises me, I can’t think of any glaring weaknesses to speak off.

Got up to “curtain raiser” and was thinking woo hoo! Then read Collingwod vs. Carlton. Yuck.