Tac/u18 Thread

Theres this under appreciated guy in the wafl called SCHLOITHE. wsphu

1 Like

Xavier O’Halloran might be your man, was named captain of Vic Metro. Although on the smaller side Tom Lewis is hard as a cats head a midfidler for SA

He would have been a great get for us.

You’re not wrong there! Great to watch the vigor he plays with. Would lift everyone’s intensity IMO. Has played the same way since his first AFL game.

Walsh BOG for Vic Country with 31 disposals and 6 clearances. Another mid for the Allies was also good with 28 and 2 goals that being Chayce Jones

1 Like

Watched Rankine in the SANFL yesterday against Norwood and for as good as he was in the first half he was equally as poor in the second due to his undisciplined acts. Looked to be the one who would carry West to victory at times yesterday but gave away plenty of dumb free kicks including having 2 West shots for goal reversed in the dying minutes for his acts. Norwood won by 1 point in the end and his lack of discipline cost them the game. Speaking to a couple of West officials afterwards and they are concerned for him as he is making a few wrong lifestyle choices ATM and it could really make him slip come draft time

3 Likes

Attitude has always been an issue both on and off the field, on talent he is top 5 no question but I can’t see any club outside of Adelaide looking at him in the top 10

Who’s this Rowbottom kid?

Inside mid with a good mix of speed and aggression, I really like him and Lloydy even brought him up on Future Stars today

1 Like

I did all the notes on the Country players

3 Likes

Jack Bytel returns from injury for Vic Metro this week, Riley Collier-Dawkins will be rotated out for him. Next Sunday both Country and Metro will play each other at the MCG in a curtain raiser to Collingwood vs Carlton

Seems the sort we need. How damaging is he with ball in hand? skills and scoreboard impact.

Where do you think he is likely to end up draft wise? 15-30?

He doesn’t hit the scoreboard all that often since he is rotated at HB a lot although he does kick goals at school footy. He has clean hands at the stoppages and often hits a good quick handball in congestion. His kicking is solid I’d say similar to Parish in his draft year, Parish’s kicking now isn’t as good as it was when he was drafted so hopefully that won’t be the case for Rowbottom.

Much like Bytel I rate him higher than most, I’ve heard clubs have him 30+ and even rookie which surprises me, I can’t think of any glaring weaknesses to speak off.

Got up to “curtain raiser” and was thinking woo hoo! Then read Collingwod vs. Carlton. Yuck.

Yep pretty annoying, it was at Punt Road last year which was perfect but like last year it should be on the AFL site or maybe even Fox Footy this time

Replay of the Allies vs Metro game is below, see Smith, Bytel, O’Halloran and Rowbottom in action all are potential first round Picks especially Smith

1 Like

Jumper numbers can be found on Cal Twomeys Twitter

So both games from this week are on YouTube for anyone wanting to watch, the standout names I thought for both games

Metro
Bailey Smith
Isaac Quanyor
James Rowbottom
Ryhlee West
Zac Butters
Buku Khamis

Allies
Fraser Turner
Jacob Koschitzke
Tom Green
Bailey Scott
Tarryn Thomas
Chayce Jones

SA
Jack Lukosius
Will Gould
Izak Rankine
Luke Valente
Kai Pudney
Jez McLennan

Country
Sam Walsh
Xavier Duursma
Caleb Serong
Bailey Williams
Riley Bowman
Ned McHenry

3 Likes

Don’t rate bytel as a top end pick to be honest. However I do think O’halloran is the best true inside mid in the draft and is a coaches dream. Hard worker and natural leader. Despite low kicking efficiency numbers, O’halloran does have class on the outside and can finish a goal