Tac/u18 Thread

Even if we miss out on Smith or Walsh there is some good depth of midfidlers especially from today

Rowbottom got 20
Bytel 11 but missed the last quarter with an injury
Duursma was solid with 19 and 5 clearances
Berry is playing as a defender for some reason but is a capable midfielder
O’Haloran is another good mid playing as a forward
Collier-Dawkins didn’t get it a lot but showed some signs

All these players are in that 10-30 range

1 Like

2 Likes

5 Likes

Hately looks all class. Even against much bigger and stronger bodies he doesn’t give an inch. Has that vision and lateral movers that basketball players have aswell

2 Likes

Thanks for your continued contributions!
On this mock, if the order played out as shown, would you want EFC to bid on T Thomas?
And/or Blakey?

1 Like

Yep no hesitation of either

2 Likes

Gee it’d hurt having to pass on Rankine, but I think most interstate sides will

And, I don’t know why but I have reservations about Bytel

1 Like

He’s top of my list for our first pick, assuming Walsh, Smith and the Kings are gone

1 Like

Thanks for the response and insight. Sounds perfect.
Although we’d probably play him in the back pocket and try to make Ridley play on ball. Lol

Callum Twomey had the bullldogs bidding on Thomas with their first pick in his mock draft on draft stars.

Based on the highlight packages above, id be taking Collier-Dawkins over Smith at this stage he looks a great size and attacks the ball with purpose.

Bailey Smith reminds me a lot of Darcy Parish’s u18 highlights. Moves very similar, bull at a gate style. Would you feel that is a fair comparison Don?

He is a better kick than Parish and much better overhead. I’d say he is similar to Higgins in a few ways aswell. Smith can play anywhere which I don’t think Parish can do either.

1 Like

Andrew Welsh and Ashley Hansen are a bit stiff not to be highlighted as well.

I’d be surprised if the Saints passed on Smith, suits their needs to a tee

But I also wouldn’t be surprised, they are rabble

1 Like

Two questions:

• Why are there so many kids named Bailey these days?
  • @THE_DON1, you’ve posted links to some of the championship matches in here, but not all of them…do you know of any YouTube full match replays for those other matches? (appreciate all your work by the way)
1 Like

Plenty named Xavier aswell funny enough

Their are a few highlights up on that persons YouTube channel but the full game was on Foxtel and the AFL App so best way to watch the full game would be either of those options not sure if it can be found again

Their should be some live streamed games from previous games up aswell unless they where taken down on YouTube although not as good quality as Foxtel.

1 Like

parents with an affinity for a certain drink?