Tac/u18 Thread

I know there are some off field issues but do you see rankine being a full time mid in time?

I don’t think so he will always be a lighter player so would need to go into the centre in spurts but I could see him doing damage on a wing aswell. Today was another reminder of his talent he is still a genuine top 5 talent but I can’t see anyone outside of SA taking him because he will definitely leave despite many in SA wanting him to leave SA to improve his offield issues

Tomorrow on Fox Footy and AFL app

Half of me wants them to play RC-D on ball and the other half would prefer they hid him in the back pocket, I’m worried he might be a top 5 bolter

TD1 - does today’s Vic Metro vs SA game change any of your top 10 predictions?

Top 10 no but plenty of movement after that, it’s looking like a decent draft this year and the depth is looking better than I thought with players enhancing their stocks although most of those are tied to academies (bugger)

1 Like
1 Like

Rozee sounds exactly like a Dodorro pick.

Collier Dawkins the big bodied mid, we’ve been looking for?

The Hately kid looks good to me. Like the fact he’s playing senior SANFL footy as well, reckon that’s an advantage IMO having experience against mature bodies. Didn’t see all of yesterday’s game but curious to know how some of the other mids went.

1 Like

From the games I’ve watched, Valente is the one that stood out…moreso than Hately…buuut, while Valente made that AA team, he is not in Twomey’s top 20. Maybe I just saw his best games.

I’ll wait until closer to the draft to watch some individual highlights, and see what the combine results look like. Maybe that will correct me to the more accepted view.

Here’s a question for @THE_DON1: who do you think looks like the best prospect for the 2019 draft?

Valente is like another Graham, he does everything he can with what he has got athletically. Not overall quick or agile which isn’t a popular trait with most high picks but that’s not to say he won’t be a good player

Noah Anderson is my number 1 player for next year, he is a player along the lines of Davies-Uniacke and Adam Cerra. A tall inside mid with a good outside game and great skills and goal kicking ability

1 Like

Rozee shares some similarities to Robbie Gray as a smooth moving forward with good speed and an ability to run through the midfield.

2 Likes

Oh no. You just know where Dodoro is going go now. May as well start the Welcome to Essendon Rozee thread now.

I wouldn’t complain with that at all, keep in mind I said Gray type which doesn’t make him flanker it’s makes him a mid/flanker :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sounds ideal, along with Smith or Collier-Dawkins. If we could also land Bytel with our second pick we will have our “inside mid resting forward” stocks sorted.

I just want a big inside mid. Thats not too much to ask is it? :joy:

1 Like

There was a moment after a goal vs Nth when the mid rotation included Myers and Stringer coming straight from the bench to the bounce. I dont associate football with anything remotely sensual, at all, but I have to admit I may have been a little “impressed” at the size of the midfield at the next bounce.

He is 185cm and light so he could still bulk up, just because they aren’t big inside mids now doesn’t mean they won’t be in a few years ala Fyfe/Bont.

I’m not saying he should be our number 1 priority but I wouldn’t be against it with a number of big inside mids potentially available with our second

1 Like

“We think he has tremendous upside and is probably the most talented player in the draft. We think he can run through the midfield in time…”

:grin: