Tac/u18 Thread

He isn’t like Lav/Lang potential mid though he spent plenty of time in the midfield last year with one game getting 48 touches!

1 Like

Is that Rozee your talking about? That’s impressive.

But I still want a couple of genuine clearance midfielders to allow Hepp and others to be second possession mids.

1 Like

Why am I suddenly thinking of Vince McMahon?

1 Like

Dunno. Why are you?

Yep Rozee, I know where your coming from mate haha

1 Like

for mine, hepp has to be the clearance mid or floating hb sweeper.

he has a propensity to just spray some kicks that should go to teammates.

1 Like

Fair call. He does go well at the role too.

Why on earth would you want Heppell disposing the ball more???

3 Likes

So, if we assumed for the moment that Callum Twomey was right with the order…

that means the 7th, 8th, 9th, 15th and 20th best players are already tied to clubs. 2x Collingwood, 1x Bulldogs, 1x North and 1x Sydney.

That sucks.

1 Like

Also a fair call. I think I was living in 2011 when I wrote that.

Hately?

Very good player. Unfortunately I probably won’t get to see him play again this year as Centrals don’t look like making finals.

1 Like

What do you reckon re suitability for us?

His disposal and decision making concerns me at times but he has all the tools. Really depends what we are after. Might be biased but Valente from Norwood would be my pick, strong bodied clearance machine. He bullied the Vic Metro lads the other night.

1 Like

hmmmm…possibly…but the Norwood fellas seem to have gone pretty well in recent years.
Lucky for us Fanta turned out to the best of the 2013 crop from Norwood.

Edit: To be honest, I’d be tempted to let you have one of our late picks. But I’d be crazy enough to let @benfti have one in the Rookie draft.

Talking of Norwood players, one of the South Aussies rated Sam Rudolph as a tallish defender a few years back.

That boat has now sailed…he’s retired to take over as Waste Manager at the Shire of Moyne, after playing for Port Fairy for about 3 or 4 years.

I’d like someone a bit taller than Valente. 188 minimum for me, but preferably 190 - 191 or thereabouts would be nice.

1 Like

He played for Glenelg

Think we could find a few @benfti specials especially from WA. Sydney Stack and Ethan Hansen both look like nice prospects

2 Likes

is that the name of medium height midfielders that all look the same @ sydney called?

1 Like