Tac/u18 Thread

Welcome to Essendon Duffy?

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the changes?

It seems TLA Management will be running the show according to Tom Brown

More streamed games is always a plus with better potential for a media standpoint which certainly helps me out since I write for ADC haha

Good to put up the div 2 teams like tassie up against the best TAC kids

1 Like

It’ll also give the northern academy kids more exposure to the recruiters, and the Vic kids some travel experience.

And brings us closer to a genuine national reserves comp imo

It also means kids in year 12 will have to travel a whole lot more. Idiotic idea.

1 Like

Only a matter of time before the AFL raise the draft age

Not a fan of it, some players aren’t ready but that shouldn’t hold back that players that are.

2 Likes

Completely agree with you, won’t stop the AFL though

1 Like

Raising the draft age honestly seems like a way to just make it advantageous to be a kid whose parents can afford to support them for a year of being a full time footballer, because I reckon we can be pretty sure the AFL won’t make the TAC Cup a paying gig.

4 Likes

A lot of them would just go play for a VFL team or somewhere else that pays well. It will certainly make things a whole lot more complicated than it needs to be, classic AFL.

1 Like

Do they pay youngsters well? And that means we’ll have kids spread over 60-80 clubs across Australia all with varying ability to develop youngsters.

I’m a massive fan of it. I see about 10 legitimately beneficial reasons for and 1 against - the very valid argument that some players are just ready to go. Surely that could be mitigated by allowing, say, 5 18 year olds to be taken and 10 19 year olds to be taken before that “bracket” is struck out and the rest of the picks have to be taken from the other bracket or the “open” pool of 20+ yos.

So, pick 7 = 12th finish (with a loss against Port.)

Best midfielder at our pick, who we getting?

dylan shiel.

Make that pick 8 after GC get Lynch compo.

1 Like

Make it pick 10 after the AFL gives both Carlton and GC Priority picks after their first.

Yeah I saw some reports that were running with that. Surely not.

And at least one academy player bid to knock it back further.

It’s gonna take hefty criticism in the media for them to reconsider. I’d fully expect some of the more vocal presidents like Kochy, Ed and JB to be using their platforms.

Question will be whether they change to a end of 1st or mid 1st