Tac/u18 Thread

The top 7 players in this draft could have claims to go pick 1 in past drafts, depth is the question but the high end talent is some of the best in recent times

So 7 players are as good as McGrath was?

Better imo and I loved McGrath in his draft year

Setterfield is an interesting one, had injuries in his draft year which impacted on where he landed. I think heā€™d be top 5 in this draft still. Iā€™m biased though. I think heā€™s the best prospective inside mid to have come through the draft in the last ten years. I followed Cripps closely in his draft year, and rated Setterfield higher for lateral movement, athleticism, spread, versatility, overhead ability, and kicking. Cripps may have had him marginally for production but Setterfield was a better around prospect albeit has been cruelled by injury.

The 8-10 selection depends on our strategy from a trade perspective and whether we adopt a needs based vs best available approach.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen enough of this yearā€™s draft class to answer that question meaningfully to be honest. Though itā€™s worth noting I thought the 2016 draft was definitely one of the weaker draft batches in recent years.

1 Like

heh, trust us to get the #1 pick in a dud year.

1 Like

Twomey has us picking Jye Caldwell with our pick. Thoughts @THE_DON1?

Any highlight packages of Jye?

That Rankine looks like a selfish wanker, if he went to Suns heā€™d become the next Harley Bennell I reckon.

Injury prone but a very balanced mid in the Oā€™Meara mould

Any highlights of him @THE_DON1

I posted a video of his first quarter a bit earlier on, recommend watching that quarter because he plays pretty well

Cals mock draft

If anyone wants to watch the WAFL 18s Final the 2nd half is about to start on 7live

Luke Foley and Jarrod Cameron the ones to watch

Boyd Woodcock 3 goals in the SANFL final. Rozee didnā€™t do much.

Road to the Draft
missed parts

Sam Fletcher 27 touches 4 clearances - kicking lets him down invited to state combine
Will Hamill 15 disposals from half back
Bailey Williams 2 goals 12 touches
Riley Bouman 22 hit outs
Sam Sturt - 2 goals 16 disposals - could go anywhere top 20/25
Noah Ainsworth 27 disposals
Riley Collier-Dawkins 19 disposals 1 goal 2 194cm
Mat Row 17yrs old Best on Ground in Grand Final (losing side) 32 touches 11 marks. Potential number 1 pick for next year - plays like Selwood/Oliver.
Rozee played in the grand final and was relatively quiet. could still be in top 3 calculations

Is Ben Silvagni likely to be drafted - Rookie prospect, or late draft.

Is it a super draft? Super 7 quality/elite 8.
Not sure it is a super draft, normal draft but with a couple extra talls at the top.
who will swans take first pick - Match bid for Nick Blakey - Bid 8-12 make sure they use first rd on him.

Why didnt Carlton and Gold coast get a priority pick?
Thats fair.
Carlton has 18 first round picks on their list, Gold Coast has 15 first rounders on their list
Carlton get 2, gold coast get 3. mature age players to choose from (Been eligible for a previous draft but not picked up)

• Josh Corbett - suns mature ager possible.
  • McAdam - Port/Crows will be interested.

Suns will look for Mature ages to add to list (if they want to come) and Blues will look to trade the players to other clubs for draft picks.

@Aceman - whatā€™s the talk about:

1 Like

That guy has cult figure written all over him.

Bring in huge man!

Wonder if he can play KPD?

On paper he has plenty of the attributes to be a successor to Hooker.

Could also sound like Reece McKenzie or Ryan Willits!

3 Likes