Tac/u18 Thread

It would be a good off season for them if they can do that. Credit to SOS if he can pull it off.

So that’s McGovern, Shiel, Setterfield and Walsh plus a couple of late picks.

Like us last year a stack of cards need to fall into place. Hopefully Shiel and or Setterfield tell them to GAGF as do the Suns

L
O
L

So they’ve whinged all year about only having kids, please let us have extra access to mature agers
That gets granted
And they trade the picks away

Couldn’t write this ■■■■.

Yeah I hope Setterfield chooses us instead.

They would effectively be trading 2x state league players for McGovern.
The AFL knew this would happen and wanted it to happen otherwise they would have put restrictions on clubs ontrading the mature age players.
All about optics, the AFL scores points from the other 16 clubs and fans by not giving out a PP and at the same time come out smelling like roses for giving them access to mature age players

1 Like

Jeremy Sharp has some nice tools

Biggie Nyoun playing a blinder, is he a Gach bro?

Rowell is a mini bull

Will Gould needs to grow a few cm, otherwise he’s a beauty

Georgiades needs a haircut but will be a 1st rounder if he plays midfield next year

Related to Gach but not sure if cousin or brother

Interesting that Gold Coast seem like they’d be happy to add 5 state leaguers. Pretty easy to tell that Dew is from the Sydney school of wanting mature bodies in the team.
Almost sounds like they’re going to start from scratch with a list that largely wants to be there, even if they are down on talent.

Dew needs hungry players and not just hungry because he has polished off the buffet

2 Likes

The answer to that is fairly obvious, I would have thought.

It sounds like rubbish. GCS also have 26, 29 and 38. Why would they use 17 when they can likely outbid anyone else with those picks? Or just trade those guys for fringe players. Tim Kelly has shown this year mature players aren’t especially loyal for the opportunity.

Also, just how deep is the cut going to be? They take 5 mature agers plus 2, 3, 26, 29 and whatever they get for May and that is 9 picks while throwing away 38 and 41.

Better to keep the high end picks like 17 and take the best kids they can, and trade out the later picks.

Not to me. Appears idiotic.

What can I say - I’m an idiot :slight_smile:

Well, you could say why you think it’s obvious. Maybe you have a POV I haven’t considered.

It does appear idiotic and I’d hope they say no to it but they did trade out pick 2 for Weller lol. Carlton are definitely asking the question though and good luck to them for trying.
I’d say they ontrade their mature agers to any willing party

I’m sure you’ve considered everything.
My thought was that one team needs mature players to help lead the young inexperienced ones, having lost a large amount and draft picks won’t do that, while the 2nd team needs fresh young talent to go with the age demographic they are building, and has access to mature lower-leaguers that they do not have much use for.

In other words- if one of them needs picks more than players and vice versa, it fits.

Suns also need players who want to be there.
They had a heads up from the AFL months ago that this was happening and have actively been scouting and chatting to state league players.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Sorry, I can’t accept SOS getting a pat on the back ever again.

He thought he was sooo smart, with his draft strategy of taking all GWS’ depth players on the cheap…well it was been an overwhelming failure.

In fact, SOS has been such a failure that the AFL is having to give Carlton extra draft concessions to make up for it. They should have insisted that SOS be sacked as a prerequisite.

The only thing SOS has done well is play the poor beggar…“Help me…help me…please…”

Carlton’s extra concessions are a scam, they are unjustified, they are ■■■■ house.

4 Likes

You do realise SOS hasn’t been in charge of recruitment very long? Bit early to be saying if he’s a success or not.