Tac/u18 Thread

Might be ok in recruiting but his talent ID is garbage.

The question is why do GCS want a 4th and 5th state player? When they have picks and cap that they can probably get mature aged fringe players already.

Hereā€™s another - why have the teams been given the option of trading their mature pre-recruits for draft picks?

1 Like

I think theyā€™d be better off with the 2 x state league players and the cash theyā€™ll save.

ā€œBecause ā– ā– ā– ā–  you, thatā€™s why.jpgā€

2 Likes

Ah, so they can get picks? Why would that effect why itā€™s a good move for GCS to get a 4th and 5th mature age players?

My point is - in answer to your question - mature(er) pre-draft recruits are a trade-able commodity. At least thatā€™s how they are being sold. So a seller and a buyer. We can go around in circles here, because neither of us knows wtf GC or farkcarlton will do, but GC have a lot of picks and will get more prior to the draft - maybe more than they want to use. More than anyone else.

Except you originally replied to my post ā€œwhy would they want moreā€ (GCS with mature players) with ā€œisnā€™t it obvious?ā€

Youā€™ve then not answered why it would be obvious that GCS would want 5, instead talking about the picks being tradesble commodities. So? I questioned why GCS would want 5 of them, and give up pick 18 to get them. Not that it couldā€™ happen or that the AFL didnā€™t intend them to be traded.

No probs, youā€™re more likely to be right than I am.

I think Iā€™m gonna go early and claim Jeremy Sharp

Not much in the way of talls for next year??

Not of the quality of the Kings but still some with some likeable traits. Jeka, Worell, May and Gould look like good key position prospects. Georgiades if he got a growth spurt would be an interesting prospect in the first round aswell

Sharp is very outside but he is smart and a good runner and ball user. Looks like a taller and quicker Gaff.

Looks like a young Ben cousins. Has the 90s boy band haircut to match

Iā€™m keen to see how RCD goes on the athletic testing.

screw the draft im all in on the mega trades.

Wonā€™t perform well in the leap tests but should be middle of the row for endurance. His 20m sprint time should be solid but I expect his time over 5m to be right up there.

1 Like

But the draft this year also has trading

1 Like