Tac/u18 Thread

2 Likes

What’s the view on Connor Thar? Colleague at work knows him, sounds talented but may not have got an invite to the combine?

Very small accumulator with only ok speed and skills. Tries hard but looks to be a similar type to Ben Cavara who dominated at TAC level but just didn’t have the tricks to make it onto an AFL list

1 Like

I can see Gold coast giving other clubs option to take mature agers,
ie they get ellis off tigers and tigers get access to mature age state player.
Especially given they may not wish to go to the gold coast and stay in home state.

I want Ely Smith with a later pick if he gets that far down the order.

If we keep 8/9 would want Rozee or Hately if they are still available.

1 Like

2 Likes

Is Bailey Smith testing @THE_DON1?

No he is still recovering from a foot/ankle injury I believe

1 Like

Is it possible that Bailey Smith slides in this draft . Knightmare is a huge fan .

Does he have dodgy groins?

Rozee.
I want Rozee.
Bring me Rozee.

O’Halloran and Smith are testing quite well; there doesn’t seem to be any stand outs in the testing this year

Have said it for ages - O’Halloran is the best pure inside mid in the draft

1 Like

Hey @THE_DON1

Firstly you deserve a medal for the amount of quality content in this thread. I feel you’re maybe a little under appreciated given we’ve gone into a trade frenzy after last year’s SSS miracle.

Secondly, if we did keep our pick 9, who would you like us to get?

7 Likes

Cheers mate i appreciate it :slight_smile:

Well I would personally go best available with this draft, of a King twin was available I’d take them in a heartbeat considering we may not get a chance of drafting a tall of their quality for a decade. So in this order for me not including academy players

Walsh
Lukosius
Rankine
B.King
M.King
Smith
Rozee
Caldwell
Collier-Dawkins
O’Halloran - This one is hardest I have about 6 players in this range

10 Likes

Love your work, mate.

Just out of interest, what puts Caldwell, C-D & O’Halloran ahead of Hately in your mind?

Speed/explosiveness but all 3 have a point of difference

Caldwell - Skill/balanced game
RCD - Upside/height
O’Halloran - Leadership/explosiveness

Hately is still in the ballpark for me but I guess I just prefer what those players offer

3 Likes

Thanks mate, good to know. I really wish that there were some more highlights of Caldwell available - have heard good things but I know he’s also had injury concerns throughout the year as well.

Lacks stoppage craft and 4 quarter consistency. A fair way off being the best.