Tac/u18 Thread

Good stuff. Yep been to more than a few games in recent times that’s for sure! You should be speaking to St Kilda and Carlton… they’re in desperate need of some scouting talent based on the quality of their lists and recent drafting efforts.

1 Like

Don’t understand the lack of love for Williams! McFadyen is a bit of a truck for mine. Good calls on McHenry and Taylor though :wink:

2 Likes

Who’s the smoky for this year (with the exception of Sturt who we already know will be picked early)? … My thoughts are Harry Reynolds could potentially come from nowhere! Over 190cm, plays inside mid and played mostly school footy. Thoughts TD?

Yeah I really like him aswell although he may go lower for being a jack of all trades type player.

Most TAC state invite players go past pick 50 so if their is a bolter it will come from the National Combine i reckon

Thoughts on Ely Smith, mate?

Could be one who slides through to our second pick (if we still have one).

I like him, pure contested inside mid who is consistent. Fits the description but lacks explosiveness and speed which may see him drift a little. He is often targeted by opposition coaches because of his ability to win the ball at the coal face.

2 Likes

Few of these guys kicking round in this years draft. Ross is another one who fits the same description.

2 Likes

What about the quality of his disposal? Can you comment?

It’s ok, not horrible but not elite either

2 Likes

Cheers mate. It’ll be interesting to see what picks we’re left with but he looks like a potentially great fit for a second rounder.

WA Draft Combine results

20m sprint
Wil Hickmott (Subiaco) 2.86 seconds
Jason Carter (Peel) 2.87 seconds
Dylan Curley (East Fremantle) 2.91 seconds

Yo-Yo test
Wil Hickmott (Subiaco) Level 21.3
Jarvis Pina (Peel) Level 21.1
Jack Mayo (Subiaco)/Tom Medhat (West Perth) Level 20.8
Matthew Parker (South Fremantle) Level 20.6

Agility test
Wil Hickmott (Subiaco) 8.13 seconds
Jarvis Pina (Peel) 8.15 seconds
Louis Miller (East Perth) 8.18 seconds

Hickmott the obvious standout; father/son to FCFC Adrian

The former EFC coach? Now at Eagles. We all thought he was uber crap!!

1 Like

Any other good ones there, small forwards?

Bailey Williams the big omission for me, the new rule changes make him an even more attractive prospect

2 Likes

What’s the knock on Mitch Podhajski? Since moving to the midfield, he’s been a revelation hasn’t he? A contested and tackling beast, who can go forward and take contested marks and kick goals. Came 7th in the agility test at the 2017 combine. Was rated Coburg’s best player in the VFL one week too.

Contested and tackling beast is a bit of a stretch, his not overly quick and his kicking can inconsistent. Might be good value for depth but I wouldn’t say he is a top 50 prospect by any means.

Clubs will have queries on his best position, personally, I think he’ll be that 2nd ruck/FF and a damn good one

1 Like

At the very least, his tap work is actually very decent. He is a taller and more athletic version of McKernan, goal kicking technique does need a lot of work though.

2 Likes