Taliban Massacre Kids in Pakistan

Horrific attack on a school in Pakistan. At least 130 children killed.

I don’t care what religion, philosophy, color you are. If your ideology makes it ok to kill, and kill children at that, then you are not worthy of being on this planet.

Sickening.

Horrific. So many atrocities (have and do) occur around the world, don’t know what to say or think anymore, apart for feeling deeply saddened for the victims.

And here we are weeping over the actions of a single nutcase in Sydney. Send some of those thoughts over the Rawalpindi, people.

Such a peaceful religion…

Such a peaceful religion....

Theres been 111 kids killed in US schools since 2010, its not just the Muslims that kill people, but that doesnt fit the narrative.

Theres been 111 kids killed in US schools since 2010, its not just the Muslims that kill people, but that doesnt fit the narrative.

You won’t get any argument from me regarding the US being messed up, but surely you can’t deny that the majority of terrorist attacks performed in the name of religion are Islamic based?
It’s not even just the attacks, what about the way women are treated? Or rape victims? That’s not the type of thing I associate with “peace”

You won’t get any argument from me regarding the US being messed up, but surely you can’t deny that the majority of terrorist attacks performed in the name of religion are Islamic based?
It’s not even just the attacks, what about the way women are treated? Or rape victims? That’s not the type of thing I associate with “peace”

That doesn’t fit his narrative. “We love Muslims so therefore the majority of these attacks can’t be Muslim even though they are.”

The majority of Muslims in the world are peaceful people just living their lives but the majority of violent terrorist attacks are performed by Muslim extremist religious people. We need to be honest about these things otherwise it does create a sense of anger, frustration and discrimination (racism). By being honest we can help blunt their propoganda.

Women are treated poorly all over the world its not an Islamic exclusive failing that one, just look a India.

As for the attacks, I would agree that recently the majority have reportedly been done in the name of Islam

Women are treated poorly all over the world its not an Islamic exclusive failing that one, just look a India.

As for the attacks, I would agree that recently the majority have reportedly been done in the name of Islam

When it comes to religion though, not countries, is the poor treatment of women not far more prevalent in Islam?

Bit of speculation going around that this could backfire on the Taliban in a pretty big way.

Remember the Omagh bombing? IRA splinter group bombed a irish pub in a peaceful mixed-religion area & killed a bunch of perfectly ordinary people (no cops, soldiers, or anything), and in the process completely destroyed any public sympathy that might have existed for armed action against the British in Northern Ireland. Step too far. The current Irish peace is directly attributable to that.

The taliban attacked and murdered a school full of kids, which is going to ■■■■ off enough people around Pakistan in general. More significantly, they attacked a school full of the kids of army officers. You know the speculation about Taliban sympathisers in the Pakistani military who were protecting bin Laden & other al Qaeda types, leaking info about campaigns against the Taliban etc? Well, as of today, there sure ain’t many Taliban supporters in the Pakistani army any more. The army is going to be ■■■■■■.

Terrorism is a tactic with inherent weaknesses and strengths, from a military point of view. It allows a small, poorly equipped organisation to generate fear and political crises out of proportion to their size. It makes you famous, it makes you feared, and if you’re famous and feared enough you’ll attract recruits. And if you can convince just enough people that you’re in it for a good cause, then you’ll have enough sympathisers to hide you and help you out. But there’s a fine line. If you get too atrocious in the quest for fame and fear, then you alienate your sympathisers cos they’ll associate you with atrocities rather than good causes, and you’ll goad the authorities and nation you’re fighting against to collectively roll up their sleeves, wipe the blood off their face, and proceed to use their vastly superior resources to just mercilessly smash you flat.

The old saying is that guerrillas never win wars, but their opponents often lose them. It’s true for terrorists too. A win for terrorists is when you accumulate enough sympathisers or people who will compromise with you out of fear, that the society you’re fighting against becomes just like you. Lose the sympathisers, or enrage people enough that their hate of you outweighs their fear, and you’re in deep deep trouble…

Thats a great post HM. Its moments like these when the silent majority has to say enough is enough.

People need to also understand that this is the Taliban they were a political party for 6 years before they became insurgents, and their main opposition in Afghanistan is the Islamic Republic. To broad Stoke islam is just ■■■■■■■ ignorant

When it comes to religion though, not countries, is the poor treatment of women not far more prevalent in Islam?

Women have been historically treated poorly by all religion, India is predominately Hindu (over 80%) so i would suggest that the treatment of women in that country is more to do with religious acceptance than where they live.

People need to also understand that this is the Taliban they were a political party for 6 years before they became insurgents, and their main opposition in Afghanistan is the Islamic Republic. To broad Stoke islam is just ■■■■■■■ ignorant

Save for the fact that their ultimate objective is to set up a strict Islamic State.

But nothing to do with Islam.

:-S

Save for the fact that their ultimate objective is to set up a strict Islamic State.

But nothing to do with Islam.

:-S

Theres about 4,000,000 different incarnations of Islam (maybe a slight exaggeration) but as Benfti said to broadstroke Islam is ridiculous, same as broadstroking Christianity

Truly horrendous crime against humanity. What big, brave warriors to murder defenceless children. Yet they would all tell you it was done in the name of god. God had nothing to do with it, not that l believe in god. The name of god has been subverted and perverted by gutless wimps, in the name of their own crazed beliefs. If any good is to come out of this attack it will be the loss of support for the Taliban. May they rot in 10,000 hells for eternity.

re: link

How are those Nigerian school girls going? Not too sure but I don’t remember a group doing a similar thing in the name of Buddah. Women are treated appallingly in India but again, I’m referring to a RELIGION not a country or region.

Every religion has no doubt had an issue that they’ve had to confront at some point of time - this is Islams. By pretending it’s not a significant issue though then the cancer within the religion grows. Hopefully next time there is a raid on a house of a suspected terrorist it isn’t followed up by people protesting in the streets, rather people applauding the police for stopping something potentially serious.

Who cares? They aren’t aussies nor westerners and channel ■■■■■■■ (7) isn’t across the road to film the entertainment.

This massacre was carried out by the Pakistan Taliban which is a splinter group from the Taliban that ruled Afghanistan. I suspect thsi treacherous act will backfire for the Pakistan Taliban. I doubt they will be around in two years.

Islam is fractured on many levels, and and is far from a cohesive religion. Expect more splits in upcoming years.

I understand the Afghan Taliban has been rather critical of their mates across the border…