Team 20 - Who's Next

As someone who has lived in NZ, I can tell you there is next to zero interest in our game. Wouldn’t work, not in a million years.

4 Likes

They said that about GC too ya know. And look at em go, who’s laughing now?

1 Like

From the old FDFL

The Cake Tin is smaller than the SCG

1 Like

An NT team would be the biggest disaster ever.

2 Likes

Fold that turd of a football club named the Suns instead of adding another club which isn’t needed, no one will care if they die. Problem solved

3 Likes

You misspelt Norf.

WA3 makes a lot of sense, even ahead of the likes of existing clubs like the Suns, GWS, North. St Kilda have an insane amount of debt and despite being 150 years old, are a drain on the competition.

The $12m a year it would cost the WA Govt for a license is a very small amount to pay to get 11-12 extra games into the state each year. Optus Stadium has to be paid for somehow.

1 Like

BomberBlitz Forum

5 Likes

Imagine Perth Miners vs West Coast Eagles in a Perth Derby.

Full house.

1 Like

I found it interesting that Gill said he “expects the Comp to again to have an even number of teams” and later that “whether that’s 18 or 20 is not up to me”.

3 Likes

Gold Coast would have to be a worry for them, despite participation level of kids in auskick up there

Ben King walking out seems likely, will there be more …. again.

If the most recent push fails again they might pack it up

They really should have looked to get someone other than Dew into senior coach role. Maybe they had been trying but no one experienced wanted to take it on.

1 Like

The Giants making a GF shouldn’t give them a long-term pass IMO. Have they increased participation in the Western Suburbs like GC have? I doubt it.

What I do know is, as a Victorian, I’m looking at a Tassie away game as a nice little weekend away. I’ve never once considered travelling to QLD or NSW to watch footy.

The population growing in West Sydney is huge though. That’s part of the reason behind them being there in first place. They’d be backing them in over GC IMO

Numerous sporting teams have tried and failed on GC also

Financial: Perth 3
Strategic: Canberra
No chance: Darwin
Even less than no chance: NZ

5 Likes

And I think the 20th team would be financial.

How many small teams can you have that require heaps and heaps of funding every year??

2 Likes

This is true. I jokingly said to some mates yesterday the next team should be in Armstrong Creek because of its growth. Maybe that way Geelong wouldn’t get ALL the players

2 Likes

Is there a reason for a 3rd Perth team over a 3rd Adelaide?

Likely money

1 Like

Population. Money.

3 Likes