Team Changes vs Dogs Rnd 22- Sun 21 Aug 4:40 Etihad

Well apart from the obvious in, Darcy, (already indisputably in our best 22 from 2016 to 2030 ) , I wanna see the Russian come in and smash some doggies.

Smack: well if his papers are already signed, dont bother. Otherwise OK, one last chance , I guess,. but the guy is an enigma and probably always will be.

Jake Long to play the rest of the season.

Give Grimley two more games before making call on him. He has not had a run at it yet - maybe not good enough but IMO gives more than other tall forward options. No point playing Jamar, or bringing in Smack who is consistently poor in ones after being good in twos.
These two games are career defining, and also re club, direction defining.
Do Smack, Michael, Grimley, Simpkin get another shot? Cooney will play last game against dogs. Kelly Stokes offer good support and chance to win another game (not against Doggies tho who have to much to play for but Blues vulnerable) which is useful.
I’d choose team to prevent bleeding this week, then in Blues game play our ‘future’, the baby bombers.

a big fat no to having Grimely, Polk or Crowley running around in the team again. They have all been selected/gifted games and haven’t performed.

Polk has been the best of that bunch and that is saying something.

Crowley got his send off against Freo, that is more than enough

Dare say crowley will get a run the next 2 weeks

I really hope he gets a tagging role one of them. Id love to see him niggle/annoy someone all day like the crowl of old

I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Crowley and Jamar get a run. Along with the return of Parish.

Grimace, Polk and Simpkin to go back to the magoos.

I’d play Crowley this week.

One last send off game, tell him your tagging Bont, make every team remember how ■■■■■■■ good you are at it, make him fear you for the rest of your life.

Play all the top ups

INS. Francis, Parish, Langford, Hams

OUTS…

Polkinghorne (no more please)

Grimley (see above)

Simpkin (I’ve seen my mum mop the floors quicker than this guy moves around a footy field, and she’s 72)

Tippa - REST (but only coz I want him cherry ripe for Carlton, which is winnable)

Maybe you should give your mum a hand, instead of watching her mop floors, you lazy bum!

The exercise is keeping her young.
I’m probably doing her a favour by not offering to help :wink:

Pics of her mopping the floor please.

Give Grimley two more games before making call on him. He has not had a run at it yet - maybe not good enough but IMO gives more than other tall forward options. No point playing Jamar, or bringing in Smack who is consistently poor in ones after being good in twos. These two games are career defining, and also re club, direction defining. Do Smack, Michael, Grimley, Simpkin get another shot? Cooney will play last game against dogs. Kelly Stokes offer good support and chance to win another game (not against Doggies tho who have to much to play for but Blues vulnerable) which is useful. I'd choose team to prevent bleeding this week, then in Blues game play our 'future', the baby bombers.

Are you seriously suggesting that we consider drafting Grimley? He deserves thanks for helping us out in our time of need but he really isn’t an AFL standard footballer.

I sense we are not overly picking sides as if it is round 4 and looking for a win(not that we want to lose either). I sense with top up players coming in recently we are saying thanks to quite a few guys before the season ends and therefore the side from here on will be picked on that basis. I could say who I want in which is about 4 kids but I don't think that's where club is at. Langford would have never been omitted in my opinion if it was round 4...possibly Hams as well.

Know you have said that before but that is not the way the club should be playing this.

All the top-ups got a chance to play again when they thought their careers were over and got paid better than they would have been out of the game.

We do not owe them a “farewell game”. Especially if it is - as would be likely - result in yet another further embarrassing episode for us, as well as denying valuable development time for our upcoming players.

I hope Wooosh is not that sentimental.

Any sentiment he has should have been directed at ensuring Essendon’s record of not winning the wooden spoon in 80+ years was maintained.

We should be picking the BEST AVAILABLE team. Especially in order to beat Fark Carlton in the last round.

I'd play Crowley this week.

One last send off game, tell him your tagging Bont, make every team remember how ■■■■■■■ good you are at it, make him fear you for the rest of your life.

Crowley not playing this week, but may be there for BJ’s foreshadowed send off game for the top ups against Carlton:

Ryan Crowley suffered a similar injury to Dempsey in the Bombers VFL win against Williamstown.

He’s been ruled out for this week, but could be available for the game against the Blues.

“He’s very keen and very passionate and wants to play this week, but just given the nature of his injury, we’re going to hold him back and see how we go,” Blanch said.

Give Grimley two more games before making call on him. He has not had a run at it yet - maybe not good enough but IMO gives more than other tall forward options. No point playing Jamar, or bringing in Smack who is consistently poor in ones after being good in twos. These two games are career defining, and also re club, direction defining. Do Smack, Michael, Grimley, Simpkin get another shot? Cooney will play last game against dogs. Kelly Stokes offer good support and chance to win another game (not against Doggies tho who have to much to play for but Blues vulnerable) which is useful. I'd choose team to prevent bleeding this week, then in Blues game play our 'future', the baby bombers.

Are you seriously suggesting that we consider drafting Grimley? He deserves thanks for helping us out in our time of need but he really isn’t an AFL standard footballer.

To be fair to these guys, in an earlier era, Grimley and Michael would have been good AFL players, but the game has changed. They should not and will not be drafted.

I sense we are not overly picking sides as if it is round 4 and looking for a win(not that we want to lose either). I sense with top up players coming in recently we are saying thanks to quite a few guys before the season ends and therefore the side from here on will be picked on that basis. I could say who I want in which is about 4 kids but I don't think that's where club is at. Langford would have never been omitted in my opinion if it was round 4...possibly Hams as well.

Know you have said that before but that is not the way the club should be playing this.

All the top-ups got a chance to play again when they thought their careers were over and got paid better than they would have been out of the game.

We do not owe them a “farewell game”. Especially if it is - as would be likely - result in yet another further embarrassing episode for us, as well as denying valuable development time for our upcoming players.

Any sentiment he has should have been directed at ensuring Essendon’s record of not winning the wooden spoon in 80+ years was maintained.

We should be picking the BEST AVAILABLE team. Especially in order to beat Fark Carlton in the last round.

I reckon Woosha will be playing the best available team, most of us wouldn’t have gone with Stokes last week, but he was impressive against the Suns. The Russian will be seen again, if not this week then next week, and I would argue that 5 of the 6 top ups that played earned their spots in this weeks side.

If it is purely on selecting a team to win the match, I think 6 or 7 top ups will be seen in the remaining 2 matches, including the Russian and perhaps Grima if he can get fit enough. Grimley should be dropped if Jamar is fit enough or they haven’t given up on Smack. If Crowley, Grimley or Michael re-appear you can question the merit argument.

The better argument is based on what is best for our player development, I’m sure Woosha has this at the front of his mind. If they are trying for a VFL finals series, and Jamar has said he is looking forward to a crack at a VFL premiership, you can argue the extra games and experience this could give to The Langford, Hams, Eades, Long, Gach and Wallis could be very valuable.

To be fair to these guys, in an earlier era, Grimley and Michael would have been good AFL players, but the game has changed. They should not and will not be drafted.

Grimley would never have made it in any era.

Why play Crowley?

I reckon Woosha will be playing the best available team, most of us wouldn’t have gone with Stokes last week, but he was impressive against the Suns. The Russian will be seen again, if not this week then next week, and I would argue that 5 of the 6 top ups that played earned their spots in this weeks side.

If it is purely on selecting a team to win the match, I think 6 or 7 top ups will be seen in the remaining 2 matches, including the Russian and perhaps Grima if he can get fit enough. Grimley should be dropped if Jamar is fit enough or they haven’t given up on Smack. If Crowley, Grimley or Michael re-appear you can question the merit argument.

The better argument is based on what is best for our player development, I’m sure Woosha has this at the front of his mind. If they are trying for a VFL finals series, and Jamar has said he is looking forward to a crack at a VFL premiership, you can argue the extra games and experience this could give to The Langford, Hams, Eades, Long, Gach and Wallis could be very valuable.

Am I right in saying that Kyle can no longer play enough VFL games to qualify for finals?

If Grimley played for Hawthorn this week would he go okay?

Why play Crowley?
So he can Lonergan Cripps?

Out-Libba, Wallis, McRae, Morris, Murphy, Redpath

Possibly rested- Roughhead, Stringer

Stop Bont and Johanisson and we are in with a shot.

Development round this round maybe but we’re going for the club building win in the last round. Get the big Russian in! Straightens us up forward with those big shoulders and mitts.

The better argument is based on what is best for our player development, I'm sure Woosha has this at the front of his mind. If they are trying for a VFL finals series, and Jamar has said he is looking forward to a crack at a VFL premiership, you can argue the extra games and experience this could give to The Langford, Hams, Eades, Long, Gach and Wallis could be very valuable.
Am I right in saying that Kyle can no longer play enough VFL games to qualify for finals?
Correct, after not playing anywhere this past weekend he can only reach 5 VFL games, not the required 6.

And a Langford is injured (but should be available).