Team for the SALAMI CUP

Really need to get back to winning form this week and get some confidence back, will be bitterly disappointed if we lose.

I saw the highlights of the game that announced the arrival of Geelong back in '07. It was Round 6 v Richmond. Final score was in Cats' favor 222-65.

I want this round to announce the arrival of the Bombers.

gIgYY0o.jpg

Carlisle just needs to run the fark out of his opponent, and when the balls coming in he just needs to play like he defends

YES, multi ball AFL
'bout time !

Carlisle just needs to run the fark out of his opponent, and when the balls coming in he just needs to play like he defends

YES, multi ball AFL
'bout time !

I think Carlisle needs to simplify his thinking.
See ball, get ball, kick goal.

YES, multi ball AFL
'bout time !

I think Carlisle needs to simplify his thinking.
See ball, get ball, kick goal.

Even simpler than that: make lead, double back and repeat. He should be doing shuttle runs during training.

Carslisle needs to be the change he wants to see.

#And play with some more c##t mongrel

How good will it be if he just goes bang this week. Kicks 4 or 5 abd never looks back

If he kicks one or if he kicks ten, just as long as the team freaking mob him.

I hope we make a late change. Bring in Bellchambers.

They have dropped Young their tall defender who was rubbish last week.

Morris is already undersized versus carlisle.

They will have no one to play on him.

morris has been an extremely capable undersized defender his entire career. talia is no mug. williams when fit is competent and a good size. this is not the undersized defence they have trotted out the last 2 weeks. we will not see stringer down there taking a tall like he did last week.

If he kicks one or if he kicks ten, just as long as the team freaking mob him.

If he kicks ten, the crowd better invade the ground and freaking mob him.

If Carlisle is ever going to score multiple goals in a game it will be this one, if he struggles against the dogs backline he will never make it.
Expect Liam Jones to play back and for them to play a small forward line with heavy relience on their mids scoring a few.
Dons by 60pts
Chap and Winders will have a field day.

I respect that you watch alot of Bulldogs games LWM, but I don't think there is anyway that Liam Jones plays in defence this week.
They need to maintain some semblance of a forward structure to have any chance.
I noticed Stringer played back last week, so that may happen again.
They can't afford to take their only genuinely tall player out of the forward line.
Also, half that margin is more than acceptable.
The Bulldogs won't make the 8, but they are not awful, far from it !

Your right bltn I did get bit carried away with that margin, I had just watched Bomber announce the team on the website and I got a bit excited, in saying that I think this is the game where we turn it all around and show the competition what we are capable of, we are well rested and not far from our best 22...the Dogs will be their competitive selves but our time is now.
My theory on Liam back and them running a small forward line is a certainly left field but the need to try something a little different.
Liam on Carlisle would be a great match up for them, same height and has the pace and bulk to worry Carlisle, no doubt Morris will get the job at the start but he lacks height and is under done with the ankle....still a gun player though.
Cooney, Lachie Hunter, Stringer,Dalhouse, Dickson, Crammers with Jones orTom Williams crashing packs could be a hand full to contain.

I am not confident at all for this game..one because we are strong favorites..always a hurdle for us. This game is about how much our players have matured and respect each game, each opponent, each week and attack it hard.

I am not confident at all for this game..one because we are strong favorites..always a hurdle for us. This game is about how much our players have matured and respect each game, each opponent, each week and attack it hard.

May I add - attack it hard for 4 quarters!  We have been 1 quarter ponies for the past few weeks....can't afford any more of that even against the Dogs.

I'm more confident about this one than the Saints. Despite being strong favourites we are DESPERATE for a win, if we don't win this week then we are kidding ourselves about making finals as the next 6 games will look a hell of a lot harder.

We are basically only missing 1 player from our best 22, we have a lot of experience and only 1 player has been out of action for any real length of time - and he was the sub last week.

If our boys can't show up this week they never will.

morris has been an extremely capable undersized defender his entire career. talia is no mug. williams when fit is competent and a good size. this is not the undersized defence they have trotted out the last 2 weeks. we will not see stringer down there taking a tall like he did last week.

Great call on Morris, has been a great backman for the Dogs for a long long time, what he lacks in height he make up for in footy nous......also agree on Talia, has been very handy for them and tends to get the job done.
Not sure about Tom Williams but, battled injury his whole career and it shows.
I think its our small forwards that will do the damage this week.

Who is going to stop Johannisen? The hype around this kid is massive.

Morris = scania

Essendon by 101

i'm iffy on the game, simply due to the repercussions from the freo game, and how long they will last. I was critical of how much of an effect that could be, but as some have pointed out, Freo haven't set the world on fire since that game either, despite better opposition, but still.

that plus the blueprint on how to beat us is there, if the coaching staff of the dogs are half as smart as they think, they'll know exactly how to set up against us, considering they did it well against us last year, and it was only skill that let them down, I don't think it'll be as an easy stroll in the park the usual suspects believe.

All things being equal we should win, alas they very rarely are equal.

i haven't been this confident since we played the saints a few weeks back.

in all serious though i don't expect us to run into the same work rate issues we did against the saints. i'm betting the extra couple of days of recovery (relative to what we have had over the last few weeks and relative to what the dogs have had this week) will make a world of difference.

i expect a convincing win.