Team vs practice kittens

Unlikely he won’t play, he may only play one quarter but saints used all 26 players and blues played with 25 despite listing Gibbons.

1 Like

I’m not sure

The big bodied mid we’ve always desired

Don’t mind given the injuries. Anyone any Intel on Guelfi?

He did a calf about 2 weeks ago, hasn’t trained since.

2 Likes

Yes he trained yesterday and was fine. I’m very surprised a well, maybe he picked up a little niggle, but I didn’t see him leave the track early.

2 Likes

Hopefully he’s right to go rd 1

Sounds highly unlikely

Stringer as well

Wish the cub would give us an update on how he’s tracking

LAV

1 Like

Well I got bored;

average age of named Geelong team is 26.5 years

now to do Essendon

6 Likes

I will give you one if you like?

He is back running at a high intensity, we are hoping to get him right for round one if not very soon after

2 Likes

I am looking forward to the game & hoping our young team does not get smashed by the bigger bodied more experienced Cats. It would be interesting to compare the age, games played & players’ weights on the two teams. I imagine it would truly put things into perspective. I just hope they don’t get rattled and lose confidence.

1 Like

Leaves available but not picked
BZT
Hird
Johnson
Reid
Eyre
Brand

interesting that they went out and picked so many talls, yet only one is playing. and the only cover for stewart and francis down back if cameron and hawkins get ontop is hooker.

why aren’t any of the other talls being given a trial, even for a qtr or a half ?

I’d say it is a combination of no good (bzt), not ready (Reid, Brand, Eyre) and this being the second/last pre season game so need to settle a best 22 and build cohesion

4 Likes

I could google it, but I cbf. Is this one broadcast?

Laverde’s playing against the cats, so there will be at least one injury

Average age of Essendon team named is 23.5 years, we have one player 30 or more years, Geelong have 8, 30 or more years age, with their average 26.5

Edit: One window is closing and one hopefully opening

10 Likes

AFL website is showing 4 emergencies:

BZT
Cutler
Reid
Eyre

we have stewart/lav down there, surrounded by questionable placings down there in francis and hepp (yes i know the usual suspects will say oh but 10 years ago he was great there, yeah well that was 10 years ago).

I could buy the no good or not ready tag, but again you have 2 guys down there who aren’t exactly world beaters and they got moved from the forwardline cos they were no good there and absolutely no coverage if they hold true to form and perform ordinarily.

building cohesion, god if that’s the starting backline they are going with in the season, damn that’s gotta be one of the worst named afl backlines on paper to ever exist, and that’s being kind.

well i’ll guess we will see if the midfield as upped their defensive efforts, cos if they haven’t, geelongs forwardline could kick 30 goals :rofl: