Tell us what you really think of the 2018 Annual Report

LOL I’m not saying the club hasn’t done well. It has. I am sceptical though. ( this is pretty much my default position) The nature of the beast says the prettier the picture presented to members the happier said members will be, the more they will spend and even more will sign on.

I’m also watchful of Xavier, in my eyes he’s dropped the ball a few too many times and is far too fond of optics for my liking.

We should all be vigilant.

4 Likes

Actually, the cash result which takes out all donations and the like was down almost $800k on 2017.
I’m not worried about the donations either way, I realize they were a one off that distorted last year so discounted them immediately.

To be fair to X, every little thing we’ve done over the last 5 years has been scrutinised to the scheiße so I’m not surprised that optics has been overdone.

3 Likes

But isn’t that more reason for total transparency?

I would have thought so.

1 Like

Yeah probably. But I’m not sure what you’re specifically talking about so it’s a bit hard.

Phew, I was so disappointed with Xavier’s positive news. I’m so glad there is some negatives in there to take away.

3 Likes

For full understanding of your concerns - where exactly do you feel Xavier has dropped the ball? Your comment suggests he has done so numerous times so I’m interested to find out when they were. Given our supporter base (not to mention the media) has watched the club so closely post saga I’m surprised to hear this on the basis I haven’t seen any major issues.

I’m not specifically talking about anything, I’m actually talking about everything.

After what we’ve been through I would have thought totally transparency was a minimum standard.

Well there’s the obvious… last years membership card fiasco. Then there’s the less obvious like the vflw that was an andendum to the aflw bid and felt not only rushed but hughly chaotic and unsupported.

He talks a very good game Xavier, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he talks it all the way to the AFL CEOs position.

Can you take me to that in the report? The only similar thing I can see is AFL distributions down about $800K.

I know what you mean, but does your voice echo when you say that last bit?

We’ve only won premierships when the club is dodgy as ■■■■ behind the scenes in recent memory.

2 Likes

who cares. just win a premiership FFS.

2 Likes

Whatever it takes

yes, absolutely

1 Like

How much was the Neeld pay out?

Too much. But doubt he was a key employee.

Everyone after the saga wanted our club to be lilly white, its still not quite, is it?
They need to come clean. That’s transparency.

Although I must say…the EFC had a good Teacher.

Maybe you can drop him an email with your queries.

Thanks Darli, don’t the 8 dot points underneath on page 4 reduce the concerns here? Football academy funding, women’s team, new men’s bargaining agreement ($800K extra), $800K less from the AFL? The ones that sound iffiest to me are $200K for merchandise changeover costs regarding “change of a co-major” and $200K for marketing consulting. Given marketing and match day is up $800K, maybe this is justified.