Terrorist attack, Christchurch NZ

Are those figures correct?
We have spent a fair bit of time in Indonesia over the years and our Muslim friends have always claimed that 9 out of 10 Indonesians practice Islam.

86% Islam
10% Christian

Sorry , figures transposed. My Indonesian friends are a mix of Muslim, Christian, Bhuddist, all get along well and respect each otherā€™s religions.

Wishing her a speedy recovery.

4 Likes

Reckon the True number of Muslimā€™s in Indonesia is between the 58% and 90% noted in previous posts. The figures are determined by census figures and an individualā€™s ID card which lists religion - A number of people will list Muslim as their religion ( even though not true ) for benefits and protections in society.

Oh the ID card, so many stories iā€™ve been told about the elders in a community deciding who can be issued with a card, which can be relevant to access to public health and education
Indonesia is a huge archipelago , so many islands and what even happens within parts of a larger island may differ,
Bandung and Jakarta are worlds apart.

One of the issues facing Indonesia and Malaysia is their acceptance of anyone Muslim being permitted entry - and funding from oil rich Saudi Arabia to fund extremist schools , particularly in Indonesia where education for one child can be an escape from poverty for families.

1 Like

Interesting that people want to discuss religion in terrorism attacks, again, when gender is such a massive factor.

But for the sake of things, was this terrorist a woman?
I meanā€¦I assume at least some muslims are women.

3 Likes

Some arenā€™t allowed out on their own in more fundamental sects.
Also the promise of what awaits suicide bombers in heaven may be more attractive to males.
But yes, there have been female terrorists, including those not identifying with religion.

In my experience female terrorists are called mother-in-law

1 Like

Seems more to it now. Apparently he was out on bail while facing charges of attacking prison officers. The justice system is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

There was an earlier report about being bailed for possessing terrorist material,
Understand the Court Suppression Order to be lifted, with a 24 hour delay in access to information.

1 Like

Step motherā€™s bestie is home today after surgery.

13 Likes