Tesla just changed everything

I do not know what nemwatch is dikkwad ! You have the wrong antagonist! I am the one who wants to read your obituary.

Don’t try to claim that as an exclusive privilege. A few of us in that boat.

So if, like me, you got yourself some Tesla shares sometime over the journey, 
 you’d be pretty happy right now with the 40% jump in them this past week.

Even if you can’t for the life of you work out why?? :no_mouth:

No idea what happened to bring this about. Anyone?

1 Like

Wuhan making investors wary of Chinese battery suppliers?

(total guess)

1 Like

This would be my guess
 they might be the last One standing soon.

1 Like

they had good financial report results for the period. Apple did well also, google not as well as predicted.

but they think that the other car makers are like ten years behind on battery technology for electric cars compared to Tesla.

plus stock company predicted they will increase the value of stock in the future.

Did Tesla ever fulfil their agreement with South Australia?

Yep.

1 Like

Yep, it is been an absolute success

I’m wondering if the Oz Bushfire crisis has finally got the msg through and Wall St is picking up on a fundemental shift in Western attitudes for climate change or something in that positive neck of the woods.

I can’t find any info on whether orders for Teslas &/or their Batteries have taken a sudden rapid increase as I suspected (hoped) might be the case.

Is this legit? It’s not like they seem to have any range advantage? Is it just that Musk says it and they lap it up? Or do they have some critical patents?

I’ve been told by Australian Tesla staff that they expect Chinese companies to be pumping out cheap and adequate electric cars by 2030. In some ways electric cars have a lower entry challenge (so many less bits).

1 Like

Lost the interconnector again on the 31st and the state didn’t black out.

Doing something right.

1 Like

Borrie Johnson announcing he “
Doesn’t want to see new Petrol Cars sold after 2035” ?? :thinking:

1 Like

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/ron-baron-tesla-hit-trillion-revenue-stock-investor-bull-forecast-2020-2?r=US&IR=T

A trillion dollars in sales would mean tesla takes over the entire car market.

Telsa was heavily shorted, I wonder if the shorters had to buy shares at the higher price forcing the price up even more

The price is never right, nobody knows if its too high or too low.

and down 20% yesterday

In the meantime, a comparison gives one pause. At its latest levels, Tesla’s — the total value of its shares — reached $90B. This means that the stock market “thinks” Tesla is worth more than Ford and GM combined ($36.7B and $48.8B, respectively; a total of $85.5B). If we use the theory that share prices are an indication of buyers/sellers view of companies’ future, Ford and GM prospects don’t seem overly bright when compared to Tesla.

As much as I admire Musk’s combination of strategic vision and improvisational agility, to say nothing of his ability to advance other initiatives such as SpaceX, one wonders about the meaning of such a market cap comparison. A closer look reveals a striking difference: legacy automakers carry the burden of retirees’ pensions and medical costs. In 2004, for example, there were 2.5 GM retirees per active worker, and in 2009, GM’s pension liabilities were in the $100B range. This let financial writers joke that “GM was in truth a huge pension plan, funded by an automobile operation”. In 2009 GM was bailed out by US tax payers while Ford wasn’t — but the latter carries a similar burden. According to a Barron’s October 2019 article Ford’s pension obligations “is more than 200% of its market value”.

2 Likes

That’s gonna end well. They’ll be putting their hand out to Uncle Sam, again.

They buy their cells off panasonic.

4 Likes