The 2016 Benfti hype list (blokes we might actally draft!)

What's the potential on Frank being guided and supported by Tippa and Co.? Is the tribal difference something that could hinder any support? I am trying to word that as best as possible, no intention to offend anyone

It’s different, Tippa would be a good role model but Jake or Demps if he stays could be a better fit.

I want all of them!

If we go heavy on fringe indigenous talent, Dempsey has a strong role for another year. Get 2-3 young kids, have a year of mentoring to set standards and then pass the baton to Tippa/Long. Not your standard list management decision, but one that could help unearth some gems and assist transitioning them to AFL. Can take riskier high reward picks if you have a strong support system in place. Could set the club up for a decade if you did it right.

Pick 29 - William Rioli. Do it disco.

I would love Rioli...

But I am a little scared at how incredibly creepy it will be to hear Bruce saying “ooOoooOohhh WILLIE, don’t we love him” with that extra creepy grin he gets which makes you think he has just climaxed.

Thank Jove it ain’t Willie Cox then, 'cause one way or another, you’d be cringing.

Was willie playing at Xavier college a year or two ago?
Use pick 29 on him, could do worse

Frank sounds Jurrah-esque. Like. BTW, was Jurrah ever on your radar benfti? I know a fair bit about him, but wasn’t big following football at the time he was playing.

Willie from South Fremantle.

Have been on his bandwagon for years and years. He can fkn play. GET HIM.

Im going to go out on a limb, and im not alone in this thinking, but he could be top 3 in the best Rioli's to have played.

Who would he relegate to fourth?

Im going to go out on a limb, and im not alone in this thinking, but he could be top 3 in the best Rioli's to have played.

We can debate that later.

Far out, better than Dean you say…want.

Ben, I know you’re not doing a profile, but SPS? Worthy of #1?

Not really a debate is it?

Ben, I know you're not doing a profile, but SPS? Worthy of #1?

Um, on paper yes, if GWS or GC had the pick then yes. He will could end up the best player from this draft by a margin, but there is risk. I think we will go a safer option and that’s fine by me this year.

Not really a debate is it?

More than you think. Dean is the best player I have ever seen pull on an Essendon jumper. if the senario was who do you want over a whole career it’s Cyril, Maurice, Dean but if was for one year of their primes for me it’s Maurice, Dean, Cyril.

Willie Rioli…plays like Dean…Essendon boy at heart…WANT

If he’s better than the worst of Dean, Maurice and Cyril, he’d be handy.

Assuming those 3 still rank higher than Daniel

Frank wasn’t up when l posted earlier, but now he is, l want us to draft him first out of these guys.

If he's better than the worst of Dean, Maurice and Cyril, he'd be handy.

Assuming those 3 still rank higher than Daniel

Yep, Dan could be good, being at Richmond will hurt his development.

If this years Willie was in the Same draft as Daniel I would take WRJ in a heart beat.

He is the steal of the draft in my mind.

I would love it if we went the full tilt at getting Aboriginal talent at the draft, and there is some logic to it.

1. SPS
  2. Cedric Cox
  3. Willie Rioli
  4. Ben Long

Rookie pick 1: Ezekial Frank

plus a couple of Category B rookies from the Tiwi Islands

I would think it would be a help to SPS and Cedric to have family support for each other, and they have the talent to justify their places.

Willie and Ben are also talented enough to justify their picks and with Jake and Walla, they would be a veritable Tiwi Academy and some more category B’s from the Tiwi Islands could add to that.

Ezekial sounds like he has infinite upside, and would be a great rookie prospect, and getting all these players would be an excellent reason to keep Courtney on board, so they can learn the ropes on the training track and on the field, and Walla and Jake would be setting great examples.

I would be over the moon if we did something like this, but there would be a perceived risk. If they do have the capacity to maintain high standards of fitness and discipline, together with our current Aboriginal players, they could be an excellent support for each other.

Our speed, skills and excitement would be off the charts.

Be brave Bombers, we would have 80K membership by 2017 if we pulled it off.