The 2020 Benfti Hype Thread Version 1.0 - Players someone might draft

Thanks @Benfti. Always loved reading your hype lists… Great to have it back! Essendon should bring you in as a consultant. Agree, if we get a couple of those players it will bring supporters to games.

If we reeeaaaallly want to be like Richmond.

Well its time to get some magic back to the club.

He’s been in the list before, 2016 I think?

Ahh, will amend

I feel like there’s 40 odd blokes on our list you could say this about. :laughing:

Great write up by the way and surely there’s a couple there we have our eye on.

I have amended the OP to factor in the Jeffrey unavailability and added the lad who missed the cut.

Tippa, Mozzie and Nige in one forward line would have my bum on a seat on the next Qantas back from Glasgow quicker than you could say “but what about covid?”

1 Like

Greenwool you say? I’m a bit scared that he’ll go missing and be difficult to find until the last moment.

Great to see your report each year, Ben. Thanks!

Just a question about Nigel Lockyer - when you said:

that is a big wrap. No-one else seems to have any understanding of our game plan!

edit: d’oh. beaten by @Uncle_Chris

I did say some :joy:

1 Like

holy fkn sht that is full beast mode stuff

Nige just kicked 5 in Palmerston’s win over Tiwi.

6 Likes

Shhhhhhhh!

1 Like

if laverde went he would be a ready made replacement.

given injuries to forwards this year he most likely would have played a game or two if he was on the list.

1 Like

Are there any particular players who you liked that you have followed after their draft year, particularly if they were not picked up?

Yeah, I do that all time. I did it with Walla, Willie Rioli, Zeke Frank (where I first noticed Nigel) Ben Long, etc. Most of them really.

1 Like

Serious question.

Why did Cutler get a chance, and not Lockyer?

Cutler was in the system, and we only had one spot to fill and we went with Crauford

1 Like

Cutler was traded in well before we looked at Lockyer. Johnson went straight on the LTI list and we had a free spot to fill after the draft.

Which other clubs are interested in Lockyer? and what’s his likely range?