The 2020 Benfti Hype Thread Version 1.0 - Players someone might draft

Maybe with Sheeds back (in a greater role) it wouldn’t be out of the question to draft some more exciting indigenous talent. Been such a great spokesman for the indigenous boys and he might throw a few names around to Dodoro that we should consider

1 Like

Im very keen on Nigel. His pre season with us may have just helped him play his great year this year, I wouldn’t be disappointed if we got him now compared to possibly getting him earlier. Might not have come on aswell as he has

3 Likes

He can kick goals, that’s going to be an important attribute for us in 2021.

He looks a good sized unit, A lot fitter, can run and jump and has good skills.

WSPHU.

We will probably play him off the HBF.

Not skinny enough.

Who was responsible for those ‘other factors’ ? They should be shown the door!

If Laverde requests a trade then surely Lockyer is a Lockyeah?

1 Like

Still remember watching Walla in the twos, thinking, he was hopeless.
Some of these guys just take some time & patience.
Surely the club understands its supporters have nothing but patience!

1 Like

:thinking:
Not sure what games you were watching.

He Faded in and out of games, due to lack of fitness. But Tippa was a class above, when he was involved.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, very happy how things turned out.
But there was this small overweight guy that looked totally stargazed to me.
I thought he was earth years away from the player he is today.

like 7 of them?

2 Likes

Dude is a freak at everything :joy:

5 Likes

From my perspective and experience, culture is a reflection of a group’s agreed objectives and expectations. You can’t just “change” culture, but you can change and redirect focus and objectives. That the entire club agrees on and invests in.

Out of the key objectives for the club, I would love for one to be that we always have >5 indigenous players on the list and that we have a drive of developing indigenous kids as players and people.

This would have a flow on effect, with off season camps and development programmes. We could investigate sponsoring and investing in the TIWI bombers (if we don’t already). This would then cascade down to our VFL team, as we would always be looking to develop potential talent. Even bring kids down for experience with the club over a period of weeks during the season.
I would much rather invest in such an objective as this compared to the eSports programme we had previously, and I would have this objective equal to the importance of our VFLW (hopefully AFLW) team.

It’s not just about finding great players, it’s also about giving back and standing for something. This would help drive our clubs purpose and thus culture.

We currently have 3 indigenous players (correct me if I am wrong) on the list - Mozzie, Walla and Johnson. For reference, we had 3 Irish players on our list this year.

3 Likes

Is adding all of Winder, Lockyer, Coleman, Coleman jnr, Eyre, and Brand to our list this offseason overly optimistic of me?

We’d go from 3 to 9 players with an indigenous background in one off season, and they’d all fit our positional needs.

2 Likes

Fitrzroy Greenwool

Come on Ben. That’s a made up name.

1 Like

If he gets drafted, Brian Taylor commentating him is going to be literally the worst thing humanity has experienced since hitler…

2 Likes

Nah Fitzroy is a great young kid. My wife is a friend of his families after working in Kowanyawa for 5 years. He’s a funny kid and seemed a popular player whilst on the Sun’s list, and I believe he was contracted to the Bulldogs VFL side until covid hit. Looking forward to hearing benfis thoughts on him. He has a great highlights package, has natural talent and has x-factor when on song. His knock at the suns was his consistency. I’m hoping he gets another shot at it.

2 Likes

Fitzroy or Fitrzroy as it’s spelt above?

Hey Benfti did you do a profile on Keiren Agius a few years back?

Is there any word on Brayden Rioli? He’s in the James Hird Academy, and available for this draft.

2 Likes

He’s not very good. supposedly he doesn’t have the commitment required to his training needed to take the step up