The 2022 Cricket Thread officially here (Part 3)

Was listening to SOD on SEN yesterday ….said it really is time for Green to deliver with a century or much improved bowling ……SOD says if he doesn’t step up soon he should return to Sheffield Shield to improve his cricket and give someone else a go ……I tend to agree

3 Likes

Good allrounders always go for big bucks in the IPL, but that is absolute crazy money

Warner should be dropped before Green. There’s also not a lot of middle order batting talent floating around in the Shield, sans Handscomb, which works in his favour.

Handscomb should be included in for the India tour regardless

2 Likes

His all-rounder stats are already decent for a test no.6, and he still is very young. He won’t peak for another 5 years. It was only 2 years ago we had Wade flapping about at 6 averaging 25 with the bat. Greens already averaging 34, then you have his bowling and fielding on top of that.

1 Like

My dudes.
wtf cares?
Who won this ■■■■ seven years ago?

Hey! Maybe it was the Strikers!
Ooooh, I hate/respect the Strikers…or the MacMexican burgers…because they were so salsa-ey.

I love my random T20 team.
The Stars are so good except that they suck.
If they could win people would totally care.

I sure wish I could watch a T20 between the Strikers and the Stars instead of an an ODI against SA or the WI.

Imagine if it mattered somehow.

1 Like

Cameron Green is the exact definition of a “pin up boy” in Indian cricket.

Tall, blonde, good looking, all rounder … Mumbai will see it as a wise investment. It will generate intere$t.

Think how much Brett Lee was adored in India… and still is.

1 Like

Travis Head and Adam Zampa went unsold in the auction last night (first round).

Re: Zampa, the worst thing you can be as an international player is a spinner. Because the teams tend to have such depth of local spinners. When you can only play 4 international players per game they tend to play their Indian spinners and utilise their spend on other roles.

Australia training at the MCG nets 2pm-5pm today ……I’m getting along ….it’s my pre match routine every year ……can’t wait to see Scotty B !!

2 Likes

Head not being sold doesn’t surprise me in the least. Zampa not being sold is very surprising. The guy is a very very good T20 bowler

2 Likes

Feel free to kneecap Hazlewood on behalf of all Victorian’s

1 Like

That would be the Sheffield Shield comp that resumes on 9th February 2023…I’m sure that will help him find form for the tests.

What’s that you say???

The Australian Summer test season will have already finished by then.

SOD sounds as stupid as the game’s administrators.

3 Likes

1 Like

Hazelwood not bowling in the nets atm ……he’s either re-injured himself or he’s out of Boxing Day

1 Like

Hope it’s not a aggravation of the side strain, however, wonderful news for Victorian’s

Hazelwood out in the nets now looks good ….they’re coming out well

Wild Thing warming up - things might get Spicey in the nets shortly !

Marnus is amazing to watch live ……his feet and hands are majestic

1 Like