The 2022 Cricket Thread officially here

But I don’t take it personally, as I know you are a person of warmth and love.

The plains in Spain?

James Anderson ruled out of the Gabba Test. Calf injury. Retire old man!

1 Like

What’s their bowling line-up likely to be now?

Broad, Wood, Robinson, Leach with some help from Stokes?

Bit of rain coming tomorrow. Maybe first session okay, then possibly not much else. Not the usual Brisbane arvo storms that can blow in and out, this is on shore flow from the NE, so it’s drizzly rainy showers for most of the arvo. Thanks La Nina.

Given the short turnaround that may be him done until the Sydney test at the earliest.

Yep.

1 Like

IIRC similar happened on eve of a previous Ashes series as well

1 Like

If it’s a genuine strain, yep.

Maybe only gets up for the last test. They’ll miss him in Adelaide.

yeah I reckon you’re right, but it wasn’t bad and he played the D/N test in Adelaide. This may be the case again, they’d have him earmarked for the pink ball test for sure.

It would be a genuine pity for the spectacle of the series if Anderson doesn’t play in the pink ball test in Adelaide.

2 Likes

Im an England fan, I was born in England and moved here at a medium age.
Im expecting a series loss somewhere in between 3-0 or 5-0.
We may manage to win a single test but we arent winning more than one.

We have 2 good players and have no idea how to nurture young talent. Ollie Pope (Who averages over 60 in county cricket) looks likely to miss out the first test for one of the most overplayed test cricketers of the modern era in Bairstow. Root and Stokes are currently our only 2 good/great players.
This is going to be a very ugly series for us.

2 Likes

The loss of Archer hurts, especially given the relative prospects of Wood playing 5 tests in a row and now Anderson has potentially gone down for a bit.

Seems they’re maybe looking at Woakes to come in for Gabba.

Wow with that humidity it’s going to awkward in the old scrotometer

1 Like

That reminds me, just about due to starting running the Twelfth Man back catalogue again. Perfect accompaniment to the test summer.

2 Likes

Article on Foxsports seems to suggest Leach will be 12th man and that Woakes, Robinson, Broad and Wood will all play.

Joe Root will likely be asked to bowl more than a few overs then.

Well, who knows how much cricket we’ll even get through with this rotten forecast.

After tomorrow I reckon it’ll be okay. And with a decent whack of sun on it today it’ll dry out plenty.

Going in without a spinner would be an error, although Jack Leach is barely a spinner.

The rest of the world would argue that they had their chance and monumentally cocked it up