The 2022 Cricket Thread officially here

Continuing the discussion from The 2021 Cricket Thread - you can also discuss T20 here (Part 1) - #10011 by efc1robbo.

Previous discussions:

I personally love T20 cricket and the big bash. But there is a place for it. Imo the shield should run up until a couple of days before Xmas. From boxing day onwards , they play big bash(but the season needs to be shorter and games more condensed. Each team should be playing every 3rd day. There is only 8 teams.

Everyone plays each other twice and then finals. Don’t drag out finals with playoffs etc. Top team goes straight to the GF and 2nd and 3rd face each other for the other spot. It should be done by the time kids go back to school

4 Likes

Wow.
61 games last season…

And Perth have officially lost the 5th test

2 Likes

England Cricket would be absolutely ecstatic with that. The track least suited to them now out of play.

2 Likes

The WA government was suggesting the Test could go on. It simply required the players to fly here immediately after the 4th Test, go straight into quarantine for the five days before the Test, then quarantine/isolate during the match and then spend four days after the match in further quarantine. And they say the WA government is hard to deal with! Players are soft.

1 Like

Don’t blame the players. Blame the nutter setting an unattainable goal. Basically every border in the world will be open by the time the 5th test comes around. Covid zero is only a target for China and Western Australia.

2 Likes

Lel

I assumed he was being sarcastic.

2 Likes

Players refused to quarantine.
Families were not allowed to go at all and they made it impossible for media to get over there.
They fully deserved to lose it and if the idiots here don’t pull their heads in we will lose ours aswell

2 Likes

no chance in hell of this happening

Chris Lynn, either he hits a 100 or he gets out quickly. People used to to sometimes wonder why he didn’t represent Australia more, this is exactly why (and injuries).

I do love it when he is hitting them, but as a cricketer I think he is rubbish.

1 Like

That’s this format, though, surely?

*. I’m actually tuning into this match. I’m sure it’ll be one for the ages.

To a degree yes, but a bit of consistency also helps.

Wonder if Tasmania have still wasted the ink in their printer, what a right Royal twat

1 Like

Yep he’s definitely rubbish. Good hitting power but terrible technique. If there is any movement in the air or off the pitch he struggles big time

1 Like

Ch 9 stooge news were carrying on that Melbourne might host two tests now. Seriously, surely they’d give it to Tassie or Cairns?

Tasmania has offered to “buy” the test and Canberra interested aswell. Sydney and Melbourne would be CA’s two favourites but I really hope Hobart gets it. They get shunned far too much

8 Likes

Hmmm.

In January, in Melbourne, Australia, the rain falls for 9.5 days
In January , in Canberra , the rain falls for 10.3 days .
In January, in Hobart, Australia, the rain falls for 13.2 days .

It’s on the internet so it must be true.

FYI:
In January, in Cairns, the rain falls for 19.5 days.

In January, in Alice Springs, the rain falls for 4.9 days.

So it’s obvious: they should play the Fifth Test in the Alice.

1 Like