The Beer Thread

Anyone tried any of the new Cascade range?

cas0913_0009_Shout.jpg

Isnā€™t that just new packaging? They are all familiar except the bright ale - havenā€™t seen that one before.

cas0913_0009_Shout.jpg

What is their Pale like? I always associated Cascade with light tasteless beer, but concede I could be ignorant

Isn't that just new packaging? They are all familiar except the bright ale - haven't seen that one before.

I read today that they've actually changed the recipe and that the alchohol % has come down from 5 to 4.5.

Ā 

cas0913_0009_Shout.jpg

What is their Pale like? I always associated Cascade with light tasteless beer, but concede I could be ignorant

Ā 

The Pale is quite good, has a slight lemony tang to it, 5%, certainly not tasteless.Ā  Haven't seen the new packaging, had a few of the old Blondes last night.Ā  It's actually a full flavoured beer not watery and tasteless like the CUB blondes.Ā  I think the Bright is new, a replacement for their Pure brand.Ā  Yes they are reducing the alc content of the Premium to 4.5%

Cascade Pale Ale is mothers milk. I was weaned on the stuff. It's certainly not a traditional 'pale' or IPA style, it's got some heft.Ā 

Ā 

Yep, Bright is the 'new' Pure.Ā 

I used to have a similar pre-conceived notion, but Cascade Premium Lager is now one of my favourite beers, especially in summer. I also love the First Harvest although I'll concede it is probably over priced for what it is ($20ish for a 4 pack and $80ish for a slab).

First Harvest is only so expensive because everything in it is handpicked and not cheap. Itā€™s even more limited in quantity than Coopers Vintage.

And the best Cascade beer isnā€™t available outside of Tasmania. Good old Blue.

Is that the draught, geek?

Their draught is pretty ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  good. Dundalan tezz, they're owned by CUB (I think, maybe another major) and they don't bring the stuff that's going to directly compete with (and destroy) their other, bigger, brands onto the mainland.

Prickly-ChainSAW_bottle.jpg

Ā 

First time I've tried a Prickly Moses beer, very happy nice Australian wheat beer. I'll be giving some of their other range a try.

Ā 

www.pricklymoses.com.au

From memory I found the prickly Moses beers really lightly carbonated. So much so I havenā€™t been back.

Itā€™s 11am and Iā€™m drinking one of theseā€¦

Very cold, very big taste.

Free with every haircut at Lords of the North, top end of High St in Thornbury. BYO tattoos and skinny jeans

Wow. First time in ages Iā€™ve had a beer this good. Will buy more .

i'm loving these at the moment. also fat yak on tap is nice.

james-squire-chancer-lashes.jpg

Prefer the Sundowner Lager. Also really likingĀ Jacobs Creek hand crafted Pale Ale

cas0913_0009_Shout.jpg

The Pale Ale and the Stout are top class. The rest are absolute rubbish

Give this a crack - available at Dan Murphys. Very good.
2012-04-03-OldPeculierAle.jpg

QUALITY beer, we actually look pretty stupid now for hanging ā– ā– ā– ā–  on the poms about warm beer, they must've been laughing behind our backs all these years about ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  mass produced rat ā– ā– ā– ā–  lagers, and I've discovered it's not warm, it's room temperature, which in English weather isn't very warm at all.

Oh and get on killer sprocket brown ale!

Thereā€™s one called Bishops Finger too I think? Steer clear of that one sounds pretty dodgy.

There's one called Bishops Finger too I think? Steer clear of that one sounds pretty dodgy.

Tastes like ā– ā– ā– ā– ?