The Beer Thread

Awww yeahhhh

1 Like

The ol’ lambic for lunch move

4 Likes

So, a beer made with grapes?

How’d it go?

Excellent. Quite light and refreshing, lightly funky, Cantillon never miss but this is a highly regarded beer of theirs. I had it stored away for a couple of years.

3 Likes

Getting speculoos right now!

2 Likes

Wow that’s great. Did you like it? I still have some left. Probably gets my best beer of 2022 award.

2 Likes

Yeah, I loved it. The place we were at had the 4 brand new ones from this year plus 3 from last. We went through the descriptions and chose the two best sounding ones, both from last year including this. This was my choice, my mate liked the other one - tawny port barrel with cherries.

3 Likes

Awesome. FYI in case you are in town next winter far side beers are getting a keg of the salted caramel new series. On tap the spec cookie one was even better than the can.

1 Like

3 Likes

Happy holidays! (Well mine started today)

5 Likes

Just drinking it in. What a day to be alive.

the beach has always been the best place for a beer.

4 Likes

Lorne?

1 Like

Yes.

A bit windy, and the Aquatic club wasn’t open, so the surf club was the only choice.

1 Like

We’re off to Anglesea for a week. Forecast looks good apart from the wind. SE for most of the week.

3 Likes

Behind the steering wheel

Not a beer but I’m very happy to be drinking one of these finally. Only took about 30 months to make it a reality.

5 Likes

How’d it turn out?

1 Like

The brief was “the thing you’d drink at a bbq when all the beer has run out, but after drinking it you’d happily make sure you have a case in back up at home”. I recon it’s nailed. It’s slightly sweetened with real sugar, it smells exactly like the gin. It’s one std drink per can. I’d happily pace myself on it between big double/ triple IPAs for example as a cleanser.

2 Likes

Here’s a lucky find

3 Likes

Those drop sheets down tell me two things.

1. Jelly wrestling
  2. It could get messy
    2+. Both
4 Likes