The Beer Thread

I’ll be in Torquay for a weekend in 3 weeks time. Will be going to the Tent Pole music festival at Mt Duneed (probs not your thing @Klawdy) and staying at the Torquay foreshore caravan park for a couple of nights. Will be sure to check this joint out and of course the Torquay pub where I first met the missus many moons ago.

4 Likes

Friends of ours have started a music festival at Mt. Duneed on their property and the second instalment is on that weekend. I was excited that you were gonna be there. I thought I’d Google tent pole festival, just in case, and realised they probably don’t have Spiderbait or Magic Dirt playing. Bugger.

3 Likes

@mrjez Dollar Bill, which I assume is right up your alley.

4 Likes

We’re getting in the beers tonight at a new joint called the black sheep

Edit:. Really good pizzas too

5 Likes

You’ll have a nice buzz after those few. How was the Hawkers?

Also, lavender in a beer? Thoughts?

1 Like

The older bro of a one of my high school mates is an owner at Mt Duneed, also held the falcons game’s record for a bit from memory. Good guy. The other brother nearly got drafted to the tiges, but it never came through and he’s spent the rest of his career involved at the Bullants.

1 Like

Mrs close drank the sours but I did have a taste. The lavender one was a bit ■■■■ weak. The raspberry one was great.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’ve had a couple of very nice ones from them. I’ll have to get some when I’m in town.

2 Likes

It was really good. I was maybe expecting a bit more funk, but kinda glad it didn’t because of how much I did enjoy it.

2 Likes

Didn’t make time to hunt down Longstockings and blew straight past Malt-man, but we did go to the Broulee brew house and had some reasonable beers. The blonde was cracking in the sun with salt air. Took some pale cans home and I’ll crack those tonight and report back. The IPA had potential but was really grassy.

1 Like

A couple of new one drops. Both excellent.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Need to tilt your head sideways

Edit : or not. Phone if smarter than I am. The pie head is my pick

3 Likes

Has it really been 22 days since someone posted here?

2 Likes

Has it really been 27 days since someone posted here? Y’all really need to blow cash on unnecessary overpriced beers more often.
Here’s a big thread return, an 11% NEIPA by Mountain Culture, with a little help from (deep breath)…
Balter
Fixation
Hop Nation
Dollar Bill
Range
Wildflower
White Bay
Banks
Rocky Ridge
Garage Project!

5 Likes

So any good?

Strong for sure, but yeah really tasty.

2 Likes

I feel like a strong one today; Bourbon barrel aged with Himalayan salted caramel, candied pecans and dark choc. Pretty intense, you can sense the bourbon effect.

3 Likes

Needed that about 23 hours ago

1 Like

That could have ended up very ugly. I’m trying to take a measured approach.

1 Like