The Best 22 thread

I suspect he will be playing ahead one of Durham and Cox (Langford taking a wing) and Perkins too.

Taking this Thread as being the Best 22 for Round 1, and knowing weā€™re playing Geelong;
Itā€™s surprising, and probably pleasing that Blitz has become a kinder place post season 2021.
In that no one has included Voss in their teams purely for the purpose of tagging & burying Dangerfield.

So far.

All good here.
So ā€¦ my instinct for R1 at the ā€œGā€ but who knows come the time.

B: Kelly Laverde Stewart
HB: Hind Ridley Heppell
C: Durham Merrett McGrath
HF: Langford Francis Shiel
F: Snelling Wright Stringer
R: Draper Caldwell Parish

I: Smith Guelfi Redman Perkins
Emergencies | Medic: Hobbs, Cutler, Reid, Phillips

Still building to full fitness come R1: Jones, Tippa, Baldwin, Cox

Time to build: Voss, McDonagh

Basically we have a really strong, exciting squad now, and thatā€™s how I see us lining up come March. Weā€™re a way out but surely we have to go with experience and fitness first. And when those players coming to full fitness announce post R1 ā€¦ well basically Iā€™d not like to leave any of them out. Tippa, Nik Cox ā€¦ Harry J particularly. A happy nightmare for Truck and co. Smith is still an important agitating HFF cog for us, like it or not. Hobbs could be anything.

Meanwhile Baldwin, Bryan and Reid will get their proper chance and we will need them. Injuries happen. But imho patience is the key this upcoming year for them and a few others.

We will play very well and we will win more than we lose. And win really well. Thatā€™s for me a certain.

4 Likes

Some chance the sub will be allowed to play even if there are no injuries.

Great idea and will help us with our best 23s.

3 Likes

Soā€¦ they brought in the sub rule in 2011, scrapped it in 2015, then they brought it back for just concussions well actually any injury but they have to miss 12 days well actually you just have to promise it was a real injury 2021, now theyā€™re just going to bring it back but for any injury you promise was an injury or in the fourth quarter which is when people used the sub rule anyway?

Itā€™s all about protecting the head.

14 Likes

Helps when we have the situation of a player being held over from a VFL game so that theyā€™re fit and available to be the sub for the AFL game, then not getting activated as the sub, so end up not playing a game that week at all.

2 Likes

B: Kelly Laverde Hind
HB: McGrath Ridley Heppell
C: Cox Langford Durham
HF: Perkins Jones Stringer
F: Smith 2MP Snelling
R: Draper Parish Merrett
ā€”
IC: Shiel Caldwell Redman Cutler

Hobbs to add immediate selection pressure Walla to return at some point

Reid, Francis, Stewart, Guelfi

1 Like

I think you have it pretty damn close @Ants

What if Mick Hurley turns back the clock?ā€¦.could be a wild card as well. Big if, but sometimes time off refreshes older bodies.

Ham is an interesting one. Heā€™s a slight small kid with a lot of talent.

Definetly want to see him make it. Has talent, a nice family and a lot of ticker.

His preseason this year is pretty important I think.

I reckon anyone who doesnā€™t have Durham in their 22, and there are a few, will be very wrong.

5 Likes

If everyone is fit ā€¦ itā€™s so hard to squeeze everyone you want in.

I like Francis and Smith in my 22 (where as others donā€™t have them) .

Come on Francis! This is your year.

2 Likes

Your teams are ignored because of your username!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Not sure how someone can be wrong about something thatā€™s completely subjective but yes Durham will see plenty of action next season. Is he best 22 right at this second? Heā€™s in a group of about 6 in contention for a bench spot. Best thing going for him he can play on almost every line.

Yeah obviously if itā€™s what a poster wants then yeah they canā€™t be wrong. But Iā€™d have thought a lot of these were how they think we will actually line up.
In any event, my point is Durham plays the game in a manner that the coaches love and by all reports heā€™s even taken things to another level in terms of his size and conditioning. So I reckon heā€™s a lock.

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t resist having a goā€¦

Iā€™m not sure why Kelly is an automatic inclusion in so many B22 teams. For me heā€™s depth until he demands a spot.

FB : Hind Stewart Laverde
CB : McGrath Ridley Heppell
Cen : Durham Caldwell Cox
Fol : Draper Merrett Parish
HF : Shiel Jones Snelling
FF : Smith Wright Stringer

Int: Redman (b), Langford (c/f), Perkins (c/f) + Francis (f/b)

Walla makes the team when heā€™s fit, probably at the expense of Smith or Cox / Perkins (with some positional shuffles).

Emergencies/Development/Depth: Baldwin, Hobbs, Reid, Kelly, Guelfi, Cutler, Ham, Waterman, Hurley, BZT etc. (Hopefully Baldwin, Hobbs + Reid force their way in soon.)

2 Likes

I also consider him a wildcard. So havenā€™t factored him in.

This thread and the List Build thread.

1 Like

List build thread shouldnā€™t be focused on a 2022 best 22, let alone Round 1.

1 Like

And yet you let it happen

1 Like

Do you really want to see ME with mods powers?

2 Likes